Thread: Going primal page

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member

Going primal

Shop Now
    Last weekend, I read Mastering Leptin by Byron Richards and started following his five rules. Shortly thereafter, I made it to this website, bought the Kindle edition of the Primal Blueprint because I was so impressed with what I read. I am currently still trying to follow Richards' five rules and am weaning myself off of grains/starchy carbs. In a few days after reading Mastering Leptin, I noticed that not snacking made a huge difference for me in terms of digestion, cravings, and energy.

I am excited to finish my transition to the primal lifestyle. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Sjogren's disease. I have a lot of problems with inflammation and skin disorders, low energy, and constant muscle pain. I would especially be interested in hearing from anyone who has overcome or significantly improved autoimmune disorders by going primal.

I would also like to lose some weight but I refuse to get caught up in a numbers game any longer. I think that we, especially women, let numbers rule our lives (clothing sizes, weight, etc.). I stopped weighing myself in the last year. My goals are to lose my "muffin top" and just feel more comfortable in my skin. I doubt Grok hopped on a digital scale every morning and neither am I. I also want to be active with my young daughter.

I can't wait to lift heavy things and sprint. This plan just makes so much sense to me on so many levels. I have read extensively about health and fitness for years and have had some successes with other plans and strategies. I followed Fat Flush and it helped me but it is way too obsetissive a protocol for me and every time I added back any grain, it was like a gateway drug. I think the primal lifestyle will be a much better fit for my personality.
    Last edited by TornadoGirl; 11-27-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Hi! Welcome to it. Hope this helps you as much as it has helped so many others here (including some with FM... haven't heard of Sjogren's before though...)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

rsgrice is offline Junior Member
    The primal way is the best way.

FMN
    FMN is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Welcome!
    Nice blog Hedonist!

Hi Shat, I am still amazed at how my skin has responded to my primal-paleo diet. All of the rashes, and they were getting pretty bad, have completely disappeared. If you haven't found it yet, check out the success stories on MDA:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-b...ccess-stories/

And this girl has a great story of healing and weight loss:

http://robbwolf.com/2010/11/10/long-...idged-version/

And here's a thread with a lot of success stories with reversing autoimmune diseases:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...hlight=Sjogren

Looks like you are the road to recovery! Best of luck!!
    www.chowstalker.com We don't do cupcakes.
    www.desserrtstalker.com We still don't do cupcakes.
    http://followingmynose.blogspot.com/

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, FMN, for the links. I did read a lot of the posts about autoimmune disorders last night and am hopeful that I will soon have a success story to post. I already do feel better after a week or so of weaning off the bad stuff. I am getting more sleep and finding that I don't have an urge to overeat like I did. My cravings are pretty much gone and I find that I start to feel full much faster than I did before.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that must be wonderfully encouraging so far. Great!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."