Thread: Kimchee/Seaweed page

Oyerbides is offline Junior Member

Kimchee/Seaweed

Shop Now
    I am new to all of this but I was wondering how Kimchee and/or Nori(Seaweed) fit into the plan, if at all?

Melody is offline Senior Member
    I eat both of those regularly. IMO fermented foods are important. I make my own kimchi and it's fantastic. I use nori to wrap up scrambled eggs are avocado.

Muppet is offline Senior Member
    What's your kimchi recipe? I have made some but I wasn't completely satisfied with the results

beatassasin is offline Junior Member
    For Kimchi, I recommend this recipe, with the obvious modifications: (less salt, no rice)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBR91ypxk4

The stuff from Whole Foods or any other white-people supermarket is a friggin joke, for reasons both of ingredients and price point.

Personally, I prefer cucumber kimchi, the 2nd most popular kind given out free at Korean restaurants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AifEP...eature=channel

Obviously if you live in an urban area, you should buy fresh kimchi from the Korean or Asian supermarket but make sure to check the ingredients as they sometimes will add weird stuff, including MSG.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Yes!!! Eat up! Yum!

Cynarin is offline Senior Member
    And seaweed (especially kelp) is great source of dietary iodine, something often lacking in the contemporary diet (hence the addition of it to salt).
    "To shed all the illusory rights & hesitations of history demands the economy of some legendary Stone Age--shamans not priests, bards not lords, hunters not police, gatherers of paleolithic laziness, gentle as blood, going naked for a sign or painted as birds, poised on the wave of explicit presence, the clockless nowever." --Hakim Bey, TAZ