Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This sounds stupid, but, I need some ideas on how to "Play." page

TheCasualWarrior Guest

Anybody more clever than me got any ideas? I felt so STUPID The other day! Again, remember I'm new to the Primal lifestle, so 'playing' is not really part of my normal routine - so, I really have no idea what to do to 'play' (esp. Primally) on the play days? Any ideas from fellow Grokkers?

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Just get physical. Biking, rollerblading, going for a walk, playing a sport (basketball, baseball, soccer, tag, etc etc), gardening, swimming, hiking, canoeing/kayaking, yoga, I personally think some exercise tapes from the 80s can be pretty damn fun, but to each their own I guess.

Walking is a great and underrated activity. Find some nature trails and enjoy the beauty for a couple hours!

Helen Guest

You could learn to line dance!

pulse38echo Guest

I love doing ju-jitsu and other material arts.

Or you could try geocaching. You use a gps to find thing hidden through out the US and world kinda gives you a reason to hike.

Or diskgolf.

these are some of the things i do

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Put yourself in dangerous situations and then try to escape

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Wox Guest

@SerialSinner too funny your humor is great!

CasualWarrior remember when your were a kid at school and recess time came for 20min-30mins everyone 'ran' outside to play.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

One of my favorite games is "catch the rabbit." Though with a slight rabbit shortage, I "catch the Jack Russell." Basically I chase my parents' dog around the yard and try to catch him. He loves it. Lots of stops, goes, and sprinting. Sometimes I'll stalk him when he's not looking- lol.

The kids outside my building were playing a really cool game. If I could ever get a Primal group together I'd love to play this. It's like tag in reverse. One kid is "it" as in tag, but instead of chasing everyone, everyone chases him. He's "prey" and the others are "hunters." Whoever catches the prey gets to be the prey next.

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

Martial arts is what I do, and have started playing tennis as well. I second the recess suggestion, go outside and run around. I like to chase my dog around the beach and play fetch with her.

TheCasualWarrior Guest

Awesome! Sounds like you all are a really fun group! I'd love to get together and play sometime.. Sounds sweet! Thanks, guys!

klcarbaugh Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

This reminds me when I was in middle school... all the neighborhood kids and my brother and sister and I would run around in the dark after dinner and play flashlight tag... it was more like extreme hide and go seek.

Ahh... so much fun I would go play right this second if I could.

I remember once I was barefoot (all kids like to be barefoot!) and I sliced my foot open on somebody's sprinkler head that I couldn't see... but that is besides the point.

Now I play dodgeball with my friends and we are on a competitive team! (though we suck... but that makes it more fun). We dress goofy and I laugh so hard when we are playing (though some of it is from embarrassment).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast