Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carlson Vitamin D Drops page 2

confused_monkey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Does Vitamin D, in pill form, have to be kept refrigerated or is it shelf stable? I read somewhere that fat soluble vitamins should be kept in the refrigerator.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by confused_monkey View Post
    Does Vitamin D, in pill form, have to be kept refrigerated or is it shelf stable? I read somewhere that fat soluble vitamins should be kept in the refrigerator.
    It's fine for a time at room temp...provided that room temp isn't too warm or humid

Fridge or freezer are probably optimal. For D it's not about the stability of the cholecalciferol itself but rather the oils in the capsule.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

NoMoreGrains is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Make sure you are taking the co-factors necessary for vitamin D to metabolize (magnesium, zinc, others) and are taking it with fat.
    I was actually looking into getting a magnesium supplement. I get pretty good amounts from diet alone, but from what I understand, PB/Paleo recommendations for magnesium are higher than the standard RDA. What dose and which form of magnesium should I get? Can anyone recommend good brands (as usual, I would prefer the most cost effective with the lowest amount of filler ingredients)?

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreGrains View Post
    I was actually looking into getting a magnesium supplement. I get pretty good amounts from diet alone, but from what I understand, PB/Paleo recommendations for magnesium are higher than the standard RDA. What dose and which form of magnesium should I get? Can anyone recommend good brands (as usual, I would prefer the most cost effective with the lowest amount of filler ingredients)?
    See my post on the previous page...

and here is more, more and more about magnesium than you ever wanted to know:
    http://goo.gl/lists/HwSn
    Last edited by cillakat; 11-27-2010 at 12:28 PM.

NoMoreGrains is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    See my post on the previous page...

and here is more, more and more about magnesium than you ever wanted to know:
    http://goo.gl/lists/HwSn
    Thanks for the resources and for the Nature's Answer D3 recommendation.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    FYI in case anyone is wondering: I double-checked, and Innate Response and Juice Plus+ are both made from actual, real, whole food -- not the spray-dried stuff made by feeding synthetic vitamins to yeast or other organisms.
    Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 11-29-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: clarity
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    FYI in case anyone is wondering: I double-checked, and Innate Response and Juice Plus+ are both made from actual, real, whole food -- not the spray-dried stuff.
    They are absolutely spray dried....but spray dried concentrates...that's how they get it into a dry form. It is food, however, in that case, it's best just to eat the real food (which is mostly is anyway).

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I agree that eating actual produce is best, of course. I use the supps for those nutrients where our diets tend to fall short, and on the rare days when I don't consume 15+ servings of veggies -- different kinds of veggies.

Innate isn't spray dried; they use a refractive window drying process. I'm not sure about JP+, though I do know they use a temp-controlled process to avoid nutrient damage.

I should have been more clear, though, that what I meant was that both companies use real food rather than synthetic-fed yeast. I'll edit.

(For the record, I'm not affiliated with either company.)
    Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 11-29-2010 at 11:41 AM.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

blissful is offline Junior Member
    This is an old posting and I just came across it in GOOGLE. Apparently I need D3, and found drops with cholecalciferol.
    It matters to me what the source is since I'm allergic to cod and to lanolin. Does anyone know FOR SURE where cholecalciferol comes from? One bottle says it's from cod liver oil, but most things I see online say it's from lanolin...who knows for sure? ANYONE?

sammiedomenic is offline Junior Member
    Vitamin D is essential for the proper formation of the skeleton. It is vital for bone growth and renewal as it helps our bodies absorb and retain calcium and phosphorus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast