Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I post photos correctly? page

Jenny is offline Senior Member

How do I post photos correctly?

Shop Now
    Hey all -- I hear there's some trick to posting photos in a way that makes them show up right away rather than "waiting for approval". But what is it? I thought I knew before but it didn't work. Please, enlighten me.

From what I've read, the best way is [img] photo link here [/*img] without the asterisk... if I post them on my own site and use that link, is that better? I think last time I used flickr and it needed approval, as I recall.

But I know there's also this photo upload tool... just not sure what to do. Heeelp.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

lcme is offline Senior Member
    I click the icon of a picture in the top of the reply box and then paste the image URL into the prompt box (which essentially just surrounds the URL with the [IMG]URL[/*IMG] code). I use ImageShack for hosting and it doesn't seem to give me a "waiting for approval."

EDIT:

test
    Last edited by lcme; 11-26-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Gee, guess I should've just experimented and found the answer that way; I just tried it with Flickr again over in my journal and this time it behaved and posted right away. So... guess MDA trusts certain sites like flickr and ImageShack! Excellent. Thanks for the confirmation.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    tinypic
    flickr
    imageshack etc etc

'tis rather ammusing that MDA is okay with us embedding photos from offsite links (flickr, tinypic etc) but not okay with us uploading pics directly. bizarre. usually I upload via tinypic but in the last week or so I've been too lazy. all week, afaict, no pics have been approved. *shrug*

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    This is all very good info!

LOLOLOLOL at lcme's GIF.

(Just letting you all know: Liam Neeson is my future husband.)
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I think I'm going to try this. I have been waiting 47 hours for a photo approval.
    If you use Flickr, does that create a 'link' to your whole Flickr site or just to the photo?

test:

Grrr. I've tried several times......nothing

Success!!!
    Finally!!!
    Now I can go to bed.

Of course, now my photos are approved....
    Last edited by winencandy; 11-29-2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Edited to test it
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

You need a link that ends in .jpg to stick between the IMG tags. So if you're in flickr and see the photo you want, right click on it and choose "copy image location" if you're using Firefox. In other browsers you may have to look at image properties to get the direct link.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I've been using tinypic.com Very easy.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I should be really embarrassed to post this, but this old picture of me cracks me up.

Heheh, funny pic (though huge!)

Your eyes are just like my husband's, with the sort of red on the inside and green rings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast