Thread: dairy? page

cemdev is offline Senior Member

dairy?

Shop Now
    I've been more or less primal for about 6 months now. The first 3-4 months I was pretty strict about, however I've fallen off the wagon considerably as of a couple of months ago. The reason? I found out I have an egg intolerance. Never used to have one, however eating eggs every day for a couple of months seems to made it readily apparent.

So, breakfast went from 3-4 eggs and bacon to a fruit smoothie. A total change in the fat/protein/carb ratios. Eventually I started eating more and more carbs during the day too. I was still eating healthier than I used to, but carb cravings were getting stronger and stronger.

Lately (this past week) I've taken to making creamy smoothies - blueberries, banana and 33% MF cream. Aside from the fact that they're delicious - my carb cravings seem to have diminished, and my skin has totally cleared up.

I'm not really sure what to make of this, as I mostly avoided dairy before this, but the results seem to be good for me. I'm wondering if I just wasn't getting enough fat in my diet when I switched to the fruit breakfast. I wasn't tracking it, but in looking back I suspect that was the case.

billman89 is offline Member
    Yeah I find something about butter, ghee, cream and raw milk really helps my skin. Cheese and pasturized milk on the other hand do not. But butter and cream can be pasturized with no problems, I just find their raw counterparts tastier.

Eggs can be a problem for some people, especially in amounts larger than two at a time. You might find the egg intolerance clears up after a while, just say maybe have a fried egg on the side and see how you do. Never more than one, space between the days you have eggs and the days you don't.

I thought I was intolerant to all dairy, it just turns out I needed to just go slowly with it and now I can have as much as I want, minus the cheese.

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billman89 View Post
    Yeah I find something about butter, ghee, cream and raw milk really helps my skin. Cheese and pasturized milk on the other hand do not. But butter and cream can be pasturized with no problems, I just find their raw counterparts tastier.

Eggs can be a problem for some people, especially in amounts larger than two at a time. You might find the egg intolerance clears up after a while, just say maybe have a fried egg on the side and see how you do. Never more than one, space between the days you have eggs and the days you don't.

I thought I was intolerant to all dairy, it just turns out I needed to just go slowly with it and now I can have as much as I want, minus the cheese.
    Have you tried raw cheese?

billman89 is offline Member
    Yes, Organic Pasture's Truly Raw Chedder, is very good with omelets and I consume it with no problems, but can't always find it. I find other "raw" cheeses give me problems because they are not actualyy raw (heated to 160).

cemdev is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billman89 View Post

Yeah, i gave it a few weeks and tried an egg - it caused minor problems but nothing intolerable. my plan was to go egg free for 3 months (it's been nearly that now) then try pretty much what you suggested. one or two here or there and see what happens. In the meantime I'm shocked by the results of adding cream to my diet. I still can't help but feel it's not healthy (CW fat programming or my natural instinct that dairy can't be good for you - I'm not sure which?) For now I'm sticking with it.