Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Grab-Bag of Discussion Thread page

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Grab-Bag of Discussion Thread

Some people in that "other" thread had a point about not bumping it, even with completely unrelated posts, so I bring you the grab-bag thread. The GBS of MDA, if you will, or maybe even the /b/. Anything goes, as long as it's within the regular guidelines. Feel free to jump into a conversation about beets with concerns about your toe fungus or updates on that secret project you have going in the woods, for example.

I'd like to start things off with a thought about the word "refeed," as in carb refeed. I don't like it. It makes me think of animal food troughs, or those people who get obese on purpose and are proud of it.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

MountainDew is offline Senior Member
    Call it carb-loading.
    PB Stats:
    Started 5/10/10
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
    Goal Weight: 160

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    What's the "other" thread? I must have missed something. (Not too surprising; I tend to skim the thread titles.)

What's wrong with animal troughs? That's what I used for my holiday meal yesterday. Dump the potatoes in at one end, then the stuffing, cranberry sauce, turkey, etc. until it's full. Saves on dishes.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Carb-loading sounds much better.

My personal problem with the image of animal troughs is that it makes me think of prescribed feedin' times and a rush of bodies to get food, and therefore food addiction. Although I would love to see people eating out of a trough on Thanksgiving. I would find that funny. I guess I don't get myself sometimes.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    we use carb-loading too, around here. but, we don't often do it. only when we be really hungry.

speaking of grab bags of stuff, i personally have no issue with non-religious people choosing to have religious festivals or celebrations if they so wish. for a lot of folks, it's about the image in their heads, so a wedding in a church is what they want for the "look" and the religious aspect is not as imprtant as if the stained glass matches the bride's desired color scheme. it bothered me when i was 21, when my two die-hard atheist friends had a catholic wedding to please their parents and because they liked the church--it just seemed disingenuous *for them*. but i have found that, in general, most people want their celebrations to be like tee vee, so christmas is all decked out and people go through the cultural rituals of their childhood and tee vee combined.

making huaraches for a two year old is not as easy as it may first appear. namely because the two year old does not hold still long enough for the measurement to work. nevertheless, home made huarches ($12 nz) cost a heck of a lot less than any sandals or other shoes on the market of any basic quality for foot motion/blah-dee-blah, for under $50 (nz) and we bought the kid some necessary shoes a few months ago for $119--which were more than we could afford but what we needed.

i think that is all for now.

oh, and i don't really get guy fawkes day.

lcme is offline Senior Member
    yay. I like having a random thread. That way you don't have to feel guilty having a side convo that derails the thread. Plus it's nice to finally let the other one die.

oh god, the /b/ of the MDA forums...hopefully much tamer than that other /b/

*wonders how many MDAers know about /b/*
    Last edited by lcme; 11-26-2010 at 02:40 PM.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i have no clues about /b/ and other /b/

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post

What's wrong with animal troughs? That's what I used for my holiday meal yesterday. Dump the potatoes in at one end, then the stuffing, cranberry sauce, turkey, etc. until it's full. Saves on dishes.
    +100!

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Oh god... not /b/....please don't say that name or else it will be summoned! OH GOD I SAID IT!!! ARRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Does /b/ have something to do with those wackos who eat vast amounts of yellow fruit every day?

Incidentally, all my jeans are too big and I can't find ones I like that fit me. I guess I could have worse problems.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast