Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women... weight gain? page

Mamasita is offline Junior Member

Cool Women... weight gain?

Shop Now
    What have been women's experience on PB? I'm definitely gaining weight- and it's not muscle since it is around my mid section. And up until good old turkey day, I have not eaten any grains or processed sugar... some dried fruit after a work out; but still not much. For those of you who are losing weight and doing well - could u offer advice or what has been working for you??

Thanks ladies!!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    It's hard to say much based on a limited description--can you share a bit more about your eating and exercise? What's an average day's food intake look like?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    Yeah it is hard to say without some sample days of food and workouts.

I can tell you I have lost around 20lbs in 2 months so far and I have slowed down to almost no working out, just waliking most days. I eat 2 meals a day but they are about 800-1000 calories a meal with percents being around 60% fat/ 20% protein/20% carb. I follow primal pretty tight. The past few days I have been having a hard time with morning sickness, so not sure what I can do about that, my old standby in previous pregnancies were saltines.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    board search:
    stall
    plateau

Count cals for awhile. Most who gain weight realize they were (inadvertently) eating insane amounts of cals.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i agree with the others. i would look at caloric intake and exercise.

i'm not exercising as much as i would like (busy week), but doing well.

Mamasita is offline Junior Member
    I graze a lot throughout the day, so I could be upping my caloric intake too much.

Today it's been 2 eggs, 2 whites, 1/4 cup of peas, 1 tbsp. cream cheese, all cooked in butter, annd 5 almonds Coffee!
    WO: Lifting at gym
    Lunch: Sliced Brisket with vinegar, collard greens, coleslaw, mixed greens salad with vinegar
    S: 7 almonds, some cashews, couple of slices of cucumber
    Dinner might be: red meat and veggies
    Snack: Berries and yogurt with stevia; little bit of protein powder

Before lifting workouts I'll eat half of a protein bar or protein powder in milk or water...depends.

I'll graze and pick at leftover steak in fridge, slice of cheese, an organic turkey stick or 2...

I also do p90x, elliptical, and pump iron classes at gym. Since primal (8 days), I've only mountain biked once in the beginning.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Ok, on this board when women are struggling with PB it's because of:

DAIRY
    NUTS/NUT BUTTERS
    ALCOHOL/CHOCOLATE/STEVIA/DRIED FRUIT/BAKED GOODS etc.

Cut it down to the basics. Butter and a splash of heavy cream in coffee if you must, no other dairy. No snacking on nuts. Snack on some meat, jerky, or a hardboiled egg or veggies instead.

This seems to help in almost every case.

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Do any of the men struggle with gain, when wanting to lose or maintain? I always see these questions aimed specifically at women.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
    Ok, on this board when women are struggling with PB it's because of:

DAIRY
    NUTS/NUT BUTTERS
    ALCOHOL/CHOCOLATE/STEVIA/DRIED FRUIT/BAKED GOODS etc.

Cut it down to the basics. Butter and a splash of heavy cream in coffee if you must, no other dairy. No snacking on nuts. Snack on some meat, jerky, or a hardboiled egg or veggies instead.

This seems to help in almost every case.
    Snacking on eggs would frustrate me if I've already had eggs for breakfast (as I do most days). Stop with the snacking, peoples! Just eat 1-3 big meals a day. You're not PB if you can't go 3 hours without eating something.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unchatenfrance View Post
    Snacking on eggs would frustrate me if I've already had eggs for breakfast (as I do most days). Stop with the snacking, peoples! Just eat 1-3 big meals a day. You're not PB if you can't go 3 hours without eating something.
    LOL I totally agree, but some people resist the no snacking at first. I remember it took my body awhile (4 weeks maybe?) to adjust, while I was getting used to consuming enough fat and protein to stay satiated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast