i have found that, since going PB, snacking has stopped altogether.
and, i didn't want to talk about the daily diet bit, becuase it just looks way off the mark, IMO. but that's just me.
1. eat 4 whole eggs. the yolk increases protein conversion/absorption of the whites, brings in more nutrition and more healthy calories.
2. cut beans. i understand these to be "not primal" or part of the 20, but if i'm spending my 20, it ain't on peas.
3. cut dairy. easiest path all around.
4. eat real foods. protein bars and powders are nasty. i know a lot of people supplement, but it's freakin' weird IMO. eat food. my husband does lift weights (when not injured and overworked) and lifts very heavy. he also has a ridiculously high metabolism. in 2000, he used protein powders. since 2002 he has not used protein powders and he is stronger, leaner, and more satisfied than before. spend that money on food.
5. stop snacking. eat enough at a meal to feel satisfied for many hours. i eat 2-3 times a day on PB, with the occasional piece of fruit or handful of nuts in between (typically, breakfast of eggs in butter, veggies with oil, plus fermented cod liver oil or flax oil; apple or orange plus hand full of soaked almonds or tablespoon of soaked pepitas; lunch if i'm having it veggies and left over meat from dinner before; dinner is meat and vegetables; i'll occasionally have a piece of super-dark chocolate too). but, otherwise, i don't really snack and find i don't really need to.
6. get more rest. you could be working out too much (for your body), and make sure you get high quality sleep.
that's just off the top of my head.
Thanks everyone for the advice!
Sometimes old habits die hard.. It's all a new process.
And as for the peas- I love them.
I'd be willing to bet that those three things are the "cause" of women's difficulty with weight loss partially becuase they are easier to over consumme.
Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma
I've lost weight eating dairy and nuts and drinking the occasional shot of alcohol....Sure everyone is different, but calorie consumption does matter to some degree.
I found that coconut water worked really well for my mtn bike ride today! Its now my new favorite!!
i love coconut water. it's great stuff!
while it is easy to overindulge in those things, it might also be noted that women do metabolize alcohol differently from men. i'll look for the article.
Went 1 day without protein powder or a bar! I realize if that's a success, I was really relying on them! Now here's my defense : lol. The protein powder isn't as bad as the bars; with unncessary 8 g. of sugar and 24 g. of carbs... though I do like that the powder has BCAA's, which is good for recovery from heavy lifting/exercise!
Do you know why stevia counteracts losing weight?? I have switched to it in the past year and admit that I use it quite a lot...
Tags for this Thread