Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: women and weight gain page 5

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Pens....

I don't know about anyone else, but for ME I have to stay away from sugar completely. If I indulge, just a little, I get cravings like no tomorrow. Truly it's like an addiction for me, so I just DON'T indulge. That may change... I'm not sure... and I do use stevia in small amounts to make for example a chai latte, or something like that... but the longer I'm not eating sugar the more it has no effect on me to be around it.

So... I said earlier I'd moved to eating more like two meals a day... so here's an example of my brunch and dinner yesterday.

Brunch: 3/4 - 1 cup yam hash (cubed yams and beets sauteed in coconut oil with onion), 4 ounces flank steak, 2 eggs scrambled

Dinner: 3/4 cup yam hash, 1 buffalo burger (homemade, with onions, cumin, red pepper, garlic) with two fried eggs over easy (in coconut oil).

I ate brunch around 10ish or 10:30 a.m. and dinner around 6:00 pm. I was a little hungry by dinnertime, but nothing serious. And that's another point... the longer I eat primal and the more I DON'T eat grains/sugars... the less being hungry adversely affects me. What I mean is... now when I get hungry, I just "feel" hungry and my tummy might growl a bit. I don't get tired, fatigued, dizzy, grumpy, or any of the other crappy things I used to feel when hungry. So if I need to wait an hour or two while hungry, I can do that where I couldn't before. I think this just takes time for your blood sugar to regulate. But being completely away from the sugars/grains for a bit is important (in my humble opinion).

I also wouldn't IF at first. Again, it takes time to get the right nutrients, to get your body adapted to burning fat, etc. etc. I don't think I IFed for about 9 or 10 months after changing to Primal, and that came accidentally. I would eat at 5 and not be hungry for breakfast until 10... but that was gradual and evolved once i was eating good balanced foods, enough good fats enough protein and no carbs/sugars.

Give yourself the time for the adjustment. You can always tweak later, but just getting off of sugars is huge, so don't try to do too much at once!!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

wildwood1 is offline Junior Member
    I have been on this for two weeks and have gained a pound- worried this is going in the wrong direction!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345