Thread: Questions for people with eyesight improvement page

jandge is offline Senior Member

Questions for people with eyesight improvement

How long into PB did you notice vision changes?

Were they slight changes, or something significant? Did it change your prescription?

I have horrible eyesight, being extremely near sighted. When I take off my glasses, everything becomes blurred together, and text becomes unrecognizable at more than a foot away.

SO, for the past two days, I've had a slight headache and my eyes ache almost constantly - this normally tells me I need a new prescription. I've only been primal for a month and wondered if these changes could take place so soon.

INB4 you ask: Yes, I'm drinking enough water, yes I'm sleeping well, no there's not an insane amount of stress. No, I normally don't get headaches/migraines.

I did start taking supplements two days ago (fish oil, Vit D and multivit), but other than those additions, everything is going well without much change - which brings the focus towards a change in my eyesight.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Huh, I've never heard anybody say that going primal improved their vision.... You have?

I did see a thread a few weeks ago about people trying vision training for improvement, but that's not dietary.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    This thread covered nutrition in addition to exercises and other issues. I mentioned some vision improvement and that my optometrist explained to me how it affects eyesight.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Huh, read through a bit of the thread so far - it might be due to somewhat stable blood sugar levels now. Thanks, Hedonist!

Jenny: No, I do not know of anyone specific, but a couple people I've mentioned low carbing to said there might be a vision improvement.
    Last edited by jandge; 11-25-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs