Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (ctgirl82) page 3

ctgirl82 Guest

Primal Fuel

Day 8!

I IFed breakfast yesterday! My first IF!! I never thought I could do it.

Had a huge fight with the fiance last night. Over nothing, we just don't communicate well sometimes. He did want to eat dinner, so I just made more eggs and bacon and I had a half of an avocado for dinner. No gym either.

Today's plan:

Breakfast- IF

Lunch- 2 eggs cooked in butter, 6 strips of bacon, 1/2 avocado

Dinner- chicken breast, side of asparagus

Workout- Boot Camp

Calories- 1362

Fat - 51.7% (78 grams)

Protein - 42.6% (145 grams)

Carbohydrates - 4.9% (17 grams)

Alcohol - 0%

Other - 0%

Daily Sodium Intake - 2,342 mg

Daily Sugar Intake - 4 grams

Daily Cholesterol Intake - 909 mg

Daily Saturated Fat Intake - 24 grams

Daily Fiber Intake - 10 grams

I really enjoy breakfast foods, so it is easier for me to skip breakfast if I get to eat the breakfast foods for lunch!

I weighed myself today again, 126.

likertj is offline Junior Member

It sounds like you're doing great. I haven't started tracking my daily weight, considering I've only been Primal for a week. I'm using FitDay to track my food and it's great to see other people being so particular about tracking their eating habits.

The only thing I've noticed is that the PB states that carbs should be between 50-100 to generate ketosis for fat burning, and sure, you can go under that and have 0 carb or carnivore days as well as IF days. I just wonder if keeping your carbs so low that your body is hesitant to really burn a lot of fat. Maybe try upping your carbs for a few days and then cutting back again will shake your system up to start burning more?

I hope I have the tenacity to handle my personal 30DC as good as you have been!

ctgirl82 Guest

It is actually 50-100g carbs per day for fat loss, and under 50g for accelerated fat loss in ketosis. There is NO way I am in ketosis anywhere near 50g, and definitley not above. This is also a survival week for me which means I keep my carbs under 50g this week.

I am a smaller woman, 5'2", small framed, so I don't need as many carbs as someone larger does.

Usually every weekend I eat over 50g per day, but during the week I have been trying to stay under 50. I am trying to lose 10 pounds before my wedding so I want the accelerated fat loss, so I am upping my carbs a few days per week.

Awesome! I know if I stay under 50g of carbs I start to get more cravings for "bad" things. My average for the last week has been about 65g carbs. Next week I am thinking of dropping into the sub-50 range for the week. The weekends are hard because I have to force myself not to eat any of the junk food that is always readily accessible.

ctgirl82 Guest

Try going under 50 for a few days, but make sure you are eating a lot of fat- like 60-70% at least. The most fat you eat the less you have cravings and the more satisifed you feel. I feel awesome under 50 g of carbs per day. I feel alert, not anxious, I have energy to get things done. I love it.

What do you recommend for snacks to get higher fat content. I'm concerned some of "daily" staples right now don't have enough fat. Normally in the morning it's a protein shake, boiled eggs, strawberries, maybe a banana (not often due to carb content). I know long term my success is going to be based on my meal plans. Do you have any recommendations?

ctgirl82 Guest

I don't snack anymore. I just eat larger calorie meals full of fat. I would nix the protein shake, eating real food makes you feel more satiated and protein shakes have sugar and sweeteners in them that aren't good for you. Have some whole eggs fried in butter (some people cook in bacon fat but I can't get there yet) with a side of bacon or sausage, or leftover meat from the previous night's dinner. If you are the type that eats on the go, make little mini crustless quiches on Sunday night, and that way you can pop one in the microwave and go. You can make them in a muffin tin, so easy!!! Another great thing for breakfast is an omelet. I am not sure if you do dairy or not, but some full fat cheddar cheese in an omelet topped with guacamole and salsa is awesome. I love anything mexican themed.

If you are looking to lose weight, cut out the fruit at first, or at least only have it a few times a week. Treat fruit as a dessert or a treat due to the high sugar/carb content. For me personally if I eat fruit in the morning it makes me hungry by 10 am.

For lunch I usually have leftovers. This week I made a big pot of chili with ground beef, onions and peppers. No beans. Sometimes I will have leftover steak or chicken or if there are no leftovers I cut up an avocado and put some bacon on a salad (I call it my california club salad).

Dinner is always a meat and a veggie. I eat steak and chicken, sometimes lamb and pork. Salmon is great too. I usually steam my veggies and put some butter on top.

If I HAVE to snack, I have some raw almonds, a handful or so (1 oz) or some pork rinds.

I have been trying not to snack because everytime you eat it causes insulin to spike and you want to limit how many times you spike your insulin each day.

People on this forum will tell you that 2 meals a day is the best way to go. I am personally experimenting with this now. Yesterday and today I have been eating a huge breakfast at 11:30 am and then dinner between 5:30-6:30pm. I am still getting plenty of calories/protein/fat, but trying to get my body to burn more fat in between meals.

I like the idea of keeping your body guessing too.

If you do a search on Intermittent Fasting you will pull up a lot of great info. I was scared to try it at first but I like how I have been feeling these past two days, so I am going to keep trying different ways of IFing.

ctgirl82 Guest

Day 9 and going strong!

Boot camp rocked last night. I am SO excited to keep this up. It was defintley more of an HIIT workout, we hade 12 stations, each with an exercise like burpees or lunges, or jump squats. We stayed at each station for 45 seconds, and then had 15 second to rest. We did that two times in a row. It was awesome.

I am not going to skip breakfast this morning because I am STARVING. Working out makes me hungy.

Tonight my fiance, my father and I have to meet with the caterer that is doing our wedding shower (couples shower). After we meet with him, we are all going out to eat. I am going to plan to eat a chicken caesar salad so my calories/carbs are more of an estimate.

Breakfast- 2 eggs cooked in butter, 4 strips bacon

Lunch- chicken, avocado and tomato with a drizzle of ranch dressing

Dinner- chicken caesar salad

Workout- None, have to meet with caterer

Calories: 1562

Fat - 59.2% (102 grams)

Protein - 30.5% (119 grams)

Carbohydrates - 10.3% (40 grams)

Alcohol - 0%

Other - 0%

Daily Sodium Intake - 3,391 mg

Daily Sugar Intake - 10 grams