Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (ctgirl82) page 2

ctgirl82 Guest

Primal Fuel

I did really great at Rosh Hashanah and the wedding. I had a little red wine each night, and I didn't pig out at all or eat any junk.

Then, my fiance and my friends and I decided to go to the Big E yesterday. It the Eastern State Expo in MA and it is the biggest fair in the Northeast. It is something that only comes around once a year and is full of my childhood memories.

Was that any excuse to eat badly? Maybe....because I did. I did it knowingly, and I figured that it was the only time I would be able to eat all that yummy deep fried fair food.

So now today I feel sick. Ill. I almost didn't come to work. I have never felt so sick from eating crap before.

Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe it means my body is really adapting to the Primal lifestyle.

I didn't weigh today and I probably won't for a few days. I need to get back on the wagon today.

So this is not turning out to be a very good 30 day challenge because I keep messing up.

After doing so great Friday and Saturday night, I don't know why eating fried food and cream puffs and ice cream was so much fun. I came so close to having a perfect weekend. I am disappointed in myself.

ctgirl82 Guest

Monday's plan:

Breakfast- 2 eggs cooked in butter, 4 slices bacon

Lunch- salad with roasted chicken

Dinner- spagetti squash with meatballs and tomato sauce

No snacks today. LOTS of water.

Workout- weights for chest and triceps, 30- 45 minutes cardio.

Calories- 1353

Fat - 48.5% (73 grams)

Protein - 38.5% (130 grams)

Carbohydrates - 10.1% (34 grams)

Alcohol - 0%

Other - 2.9%

Daily Sodium Intake - 2,463 mg

Daily Sugar Intake - 17 grams

Daily Cholesterol Intake - 834 mg

Daily Saturated Fat Intake - 24 grams

Daily Fiber Intake - 12 grams

ctgirl82 Guest

I ended up making pizza last night because my fiance really wanted pizza. For him, I made a normal pizza dough for the crust, for myself, I used the a califlour pizza crust. I topped both pizzas with meatballs and whole milk ricotta and then shredded mozz. It was SOOO good. I actually felt really guilty eating it because it was just like normal pizza. I think I made my "crust" a little too thin though, it couldn't support my heavy toppings! It was delish!

I start my boot camp class tonight. It is being run by the author of New Rules of Lifting for Women, so I have a feeling there will be no pink dumbells in this class.

Breakfast- 2 eggs, 4 strips bacon

Lunch- salad with 1/2 avocado, italian dressing

Dinner- the other half of my califlour pizza

Workout- Boot camp

Calories- 1520

Fat - 58.9% (99 grams)

Protein - 32.2% (122 grams)

Carbohydrates - 9% (34 grams)

Alcohol - 0%

Other - 0%

Daily Sodium Intake - 2,973 mg

Daily Sugar Intake - 12 grams

Daily Cholesterol Intake - 929 mg

Daily Saturated Fat Intake - 37 grams

Daily Fiber Intake - 12 grams

I am still not weighing myself. I have to stop weighing every day, I am much happier when I am not obsessing.

ctgirl82 Guest

The bootcamp last night was awesome!!! It is going to be a lot of dynamic exercises and even a lot of Primal exercises!

I followed my food plan to a T yesterday. I was really really hungry all day though. I don't know why....

Still not weighing.

Today's plan:

Breakfast- 3 eggs, 3 links of turkey sausage

Lunch- tuna and mayo, bacon, on a bed of tomato and cucumbers

Dinner- sirloin steak with a caesar salad

Calories- 1504

Fat - 51.3% (86 grams)

Protein - 43.2% (163 grams)

Carbohydrates - 4% (15 grams)

Alcohol - 0%

Other - 1.5%

Daily Sodium Intake - 3,145 mg

Daily Sugar Intake - 11 grams

Daily Cholesterol Intake - 1,120 mg

Daily Saturated Fat Intake - 28 grams

Daily Fiber Intake - 4 grams

I like how low my carbs are today!!!!!!!

ctgirl82 Guest

I am going to start my REAL 30-day challenge on Tuesday. Until then.........I will do my best

ctgirl82 Guest

It was a long weekend of Jewish holidays and college football. I am now ready to do this 30-day challenge!

Today is Day 1

Lunch- salad, italian dressing, and handful of almonds

Dinner- sirloin steak tips and side of broccoli

Fat - 65.2% (100 grams)

Protein - 25.4% (87 grams)

Carbohydrates - 9.5% (33 grams)

Alcohol - 0%

Other - 0%

Daily Sodium Intake - 1,861 mg

Daily Sugar Intake - 14 grams

Daily Cholesterol Intake - 697 mg

Daily Saturated Fat Intake - 28 grams

Daily Fiber Intake - 14 grams

Workout- kickboxing

I am not going to weigh myself until October 15th (17 days from now). I know I am super bloated from this past weekend, plus it is TTOM, and I feel terrible from all the junk I have been eating. It is honestly painful.

I am looking forward to getting back into my Primal lifestyle and really committing to this challenge!

102 days until my wedding!

ctgirl82 Guest

Day 2 of my challenge!

Yesterday was good, I skipped kickboxing and took my dogs on a 3 mile walk. It felt really good to be outside. I also skipped my veggies with dinner because I had a snack of pork rinds before my walk (I was very hungry) so I just had steak. That cut my carbs way down for the day!

Today I am trying to go VLC again, under 20. I want to kick start my fat burning and undo the damage I did this past weekend.

Lunch- leftover steak (8 ounces or so) and pork rinds if needed

Dinner- grilled chicken, side of broccoli

Calories- 1709

Fat - 48.6% (92 grams)

Protein - 47.2% (202 grams)

Carbohydrates - 2.6% (11 grams)

Alcohol - 0%

Other - 1.6%

Daily Sodium Intake - 2,166 mg

Daily Sugar Intake - 4 grams

Daily Cholesterol Intake - 946 mg

Daily Saturated Fat Intake - 35 grams

Daily Fiber Intake - 4 grams

That is a lot of protien! I am concerned that I am eating too many calories to lose weight...........

ctgirl82 Guest

Day 3!!!!

Yesterday was great, I finished the day at 5 carbs! I skipped my broccoli with dinner. I actually kind of skipped dinner all together because I wasn't hungry, but then around 8pm I got really hungry so I had a few pieces of cheese and some pepperoni.

I took another nice long walk with the dogs and my fiance last night too.

My fiance was eating cookies last night and he was like "these are the best cookies I have ever had, here, have one" when I refused, he tried to get me to have a bite. When I refused the bite he came over, put the cookies in my face and was like "but they are SOOOO good". Seriously? I have issues with self control and I don't need cookies shoved in my face. They smelt fantastic by the way. I didn't cave though! I feel like that was a small success.

Today's plan:

Breakfast- 2 eggs, 1 egg white cooked in butter, 4 strips of bacon

Lunch- Chicken breast with hot sauce, fresh mozzerella

Dinner- Broiled mahi-mahi, side of broccoli

Workout- Maybe kickboxing, maybe another walk.

Calories- 1553

Fat - 46.1% (80 grams)

Protein - 49.4% (192 grams)

Carbohydrates - 2.9% (11 grams)

Alcohol - 0%

Other - 1.5%

Daily Sodium Intake - 1,689 mg

Daily Sugar Intake - 3 grams

Daily Cholesterol Intake - 1,074 mg

Daily Saturated Fat Intake - 35 grams

Daily Fiber Intake - 5 grams

My fat is a lot lower today than yesterday, I wonder if I will get hungry?

ctgirl82 Guest

Day 4!

I was great again yesterday. Instead of having mahi-mahi for dinner. I decided that a porterhouse steak sounded SO much better. So I had a nice big juicy steak for dinner and maybe half a cup of broccoli. I didn't even want the broccoli but my fiance is starting to think I am crazy so I ate it to appease him.

After dinner my fiance was eating cookies again and he tried to get me to have one. I had to yell at him. I don't need him trying to derail me every night.

I had some sugarfree chocolate in the fridge and I thought about having a piece, but I resisted and I am glad I did.

I know my calories were really high because of the steak but I don't realy care. It was awesome and my carbs were like 6 grams yesterday!

Today:

Breakfast: 2 eggs cooked in butter, 4 strips bacon, coffee with cream and 2 splenda. (I have cut back from 3 splenda...baby steps.)

Lunch- planning to skip

Dinner- We are going to a party. I am making stuffed mushrooms that are stuffed with sausage and cheese so I know I can eat that, but I think I might have a high fat/protein meal before i leave so I am not even tempted to eat anything bad.

I might have a couple glasses of wine. Maybe not! We will see....

ctgirl82 Guest

I did it!!! I made it through the weeked being about 80% primal!!!

I did have a craving for chocolate on Saturday, especially after watching everyone eat cake and ice cream Friday night. So I took some sugar free chocolate and dipped it into almond butter. It was the perfect solution. Craving gone!

I had a glass of wine Friday, a couple glasses on Saturday and a glass Sunday, but no "binge" drinking at all. I just enjoyed wine with my meals.

I weighed myself this morning. Maybe I should have waited because the scale discourages me, but the number was 127.

This is a survival week and I am determined to suceed!

Breakfast- 2 eggs cooked in bacon, 4 strips thick but bacon

Lunch- homemade chili (no beans)

Dinner- Steak with a side of asparagus

Workout- Urban Bootcamp

Calories - 1625

Fat - 48.4% (87 grams)

Protein - 43.9% (178 grams)

Carbohydrates - 6.2% (25 grams)

Alcohol - 0%

Other - 1.5%

Daily Sodium Intake - 2,579 mg

Daily Sugar Intake - 12 grams