Thread: Building a Home Gym page

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

Building a Home Gym

Primal Fuel
    I built a weightlifting platform last night. I did it by myself and it took me about 2 hours and $200 to complete.

It's made using 5 sheets of low-medium quality 3/4" thick, 4' x 8' plywood, 1 piece of 3/4" thick, 4' x 8' stall mat, 1.75" wood screws, heavy-duty adhesive.

Now I can give a big FU to 24 Hour Fitness! I'm finishing up my squat rack this week (pics to follow).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    this is an old post so you might not see this but i was wondering how well the platform has held up? are you able to drop the weights without any damage? im considering building a platform for that exact reason just not sure if it would be worthwhile

datto54 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    this is an old post so you might not see this but i was wondering how well the platform has held up? are you able to drop the weights without any damage? im considering building a platform for that exact reason just not sure if it would be worthwhile
    this

Grafter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am curious as well. On top of what exactly are you doing for your squat rack (since it sort of sounds like you are building one from scratch)?