Thread: PBF legs question page

betty74 is offline Senior Member

PBF legs question

The PBF really focuses on the upper body. Is the squats enough? I carry my weight in my butt and thighs. I am wondering if the squats is enough or if I should add more. My arms are wasted when I am finished. So that is a good thing.
    Last edited by betty74; 11-24-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Yes, indeed. Unless you need to train for a sport-specific purpose.

Seriously, if you do them s-l-o-w and go all the way down, you activate all your major leg muscles as well as your smaller stabilizers. If you get bored with squats, you can do standing lunges. I do 50 s-l-o-w squats then as many s-l-o-w lunges as I can do (30 right now...) Be sure to follow Mark's progression to get maximum results. I'm getting ready to move up to level 5.

Thanks Dragonfly-

I really want to trim my thighs and rear so... I am only doing 35 full squats right now. I am just going to failure instead of stopping at fatigue and continuing. Right now I can do 35 full squats before I have to stop. I may switch it up with lunges too. It just doesn't seem like enough after doing p90x, but I am giving it a try.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I really want to trim my thighs and rear so...
    Remember that strength training builds lean muscle mass which increases your metabolism which helps you burn body fat. Where and how quickly you drop your fat is then largely a matter of diet and genetics, not what body part you train...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know! I am still struggling with finding the right combo of everything. Long story!

I lose quickly from my upper body, but my butt and legs take forever. They tone quickly, but the fat is always there over the top.

I just went to the Dr. to have blood work and saliva test done so hoping to find some answers to the weight struggles, fatigue, etc.

Thanks again.