Thread: Primal Journal - Huseyin's Transformation page

Huseyin is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal - Huseyin's Transformation

Shop Now
    Hello everyone!

I wanted to start a journal here so that I can keep track of my progress and get some feedback from you guys.

I'm 22 years old and I'm from Denmark where I currently study business. I have done all kinds of sports throughout the years: Soccer, boxing, handball, swimming, running and crossfit. I'm currently training martial arts (Krav Maga) twice a week and I just started weight training 3 times a week. I have an injury in my lower back that have kept me from training anything for 6 months but I think I'm okay now, I just have to be careful with my lower back.
    My primary goal is to eat primal/paleo. I've taken a Zone/paleo approach before, when I was doing Crossfit, but its just too much measuring and planning.That's why I think the Primal way with IF is better for me.
    My second goal is to get down to around 8-10% bodyfat. I think I'm currently somewhere between 12-14 %. So I want to be really lean and mean

I'd like to put on some lean mass too so I will try to gear my training and diet toward these three goals.
    I'm going to experiment with different ways of doing IF and eating primal. For the next couple of weeks I will be fasting for 14 hours and then eat for 8 hours (leangains style).
    I will try and post a couple times a week about what I eat and how I train. Basically anything that is relevant to this journal. To motivate myself I've decided to take pictures of myself and post them every week. I will also post different stats like weight and different measurements so I can have an objective way of seeing my progress.

What I ate today:

3pm: Omelet with 5 eggs and 1 red pepper bell. 2g fish oil.
    6 pm: Steak, 1 tomato, 1/2 onion. 2g fish oil
    11pm: Tuna, avocado and half a grape fruit. 2g fish oil.

The fish oil really helps with joint pain!

Your are welcome to write in my journal if you have any comments or questions.

-Huseyin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Huseyin is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Update!

I weighed 76,5kg Wednesday 24. november 2010. I would like to lean out so this number will probably drop down. I'm going to do it this way, where I fast for 14 hours and then eat for 8. I will do this for 30 days and then evaluate and see if I need to change anything (I probably will).

I work out 3 times a week and so far I have done:

Tuesday:
    Back Squat 60,70,80,70,70 kg x 5 repetitions
    Barbell bench 60 kg x 5 repetitions
    Pullups bodyweight x 5 x 5

Thursday - I was sore this day and had a headache so I didn't push it.
    Front Squat 50 kg x 5 x 5 reps
    Dumbbell, bench 19 kg, 23 kg x 5 reps
    Dips bodyweight (BW) x 3 x 12 - I will add weight to this the next week.
    Chinups BW 2 sets of 5

Tomorrow I will train again. I will increase the load on the different exercise and change the work out in a month. My goal is to back squat 150 kg, bench 110 and press 70 kg overhead in 8 months (1. of Juli)

I need to write the thing I eat down, because I can't remember exactly what I ate yesterday, but it was all primal
    Food log for today:
    3 pm: omelet with 5 eggs and mushrooms. 2 handfuls of pistachio nuts and a handful macadamia nuts. 2 gr fish oil
    7 pm: medium sized salad with chicken (140 gr) on top. +some red pesto (see picture )
    10 pm: 2 eggs, avocado, mandarin and a little bit of coffee. 2 gr fish oil

I can't cook anything Primal so I will have to learn how to cook again!

See you guys soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images