Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TRX or Jungle Gym Xt?? page

Muppet is offline Senior Member

TRX or Jungle Gym Xt??

So TRX is having a 25 percent off sale for a few days which means that system and the Jungle Gym XT are the equivalent price for me (because I would need to get the extra length for the XT). Sooooo which is better? I

Thanks

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    At equivalent prices, I'd get the TRX.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Darthash is offline Senior Member
    It would be good if it cam with a frame for them, that would be sweet. the straps are good, but i don't see how good they would be with out a fairly good frame to use them on.

Did want to add that the ability to split the Jungle Gym is compelling to me. So you don't have to just do a "V" like the TRX but you could do neutral and wide...

Setabas is offline Senior Member
    I got a TRX a few years ago when they were having a huge sale. I've only used it a couple of times when traveling. The thing is very well made and I'd recommend getting the door attachment.

I've also found Lifeline products to be very good as well, so I think the question really is whether you want (or don't mind) the V set up of a TRX or not.

TimBell is offline Senior Member
    I would put them on the same level in terms of quality. The ability to split the Jungle Gym makes it great for Gymnastics style work and Muscle ups as well as dips. The foot cradles on both are great, the handles on the TRX are covered in foam making them impossible to clean properly, and the handles on the Jungle Gym are rather easy to clean and not foam.

Again, both great products, I mean how much different can a suspension trainer really be lol ... go with whatever one you feel like getting. But if you're looking to be able to do more exercises than I would suggest the Jungle Gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    Did want to add that the ability to split the Jungle Gym is compelling to me. So you don't have to just do a "V" like the TRX but you could do neutral and wide...
    ahhh, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TimBell View Post
    I would put them on the same level in terms of quality. The ability to split the Jungle Gym makes it great for Gymnastics style work and Muscle ups as well as dips. The foot cradles on both are great, the handles on the TRX are covered in foam making them impossible to clean properly, and the handles on the Jungle Gym are rather easy to clean and not foam.

Again, both great products, I mean how much different can a suspension trainer really be lol ... go with whatever one you feel like getting. But if you're looking to be able to do more exercises than I would suggest the Jungle Gym.
    What are the handles on the Jungle Gym made of?

DorsalDos is offline Junior Member

Jungle Gym XT vs. TRX

The handles are made of TPE on the Jungle Gym XT. It'll last forever and cleans + dries quickly. Also, the buckles on the Jungle Gym are aligned with the straps, so they are much more comfortable (don't scratch / bruise you like TRX). The foot cuffs are much easier to use - checkout the video on YouTube.... And the cost is $99 including the door anchors.... TRX is $190 - so 25% OFF makes it about 140 - no door anchor included. Plus, on the jungle gym, split design = dips and pullups. Lifeline makes good bands and other functional training tools - they don't try to say Suspension training is all you need. TRX Vs Jungle Gym XT - I say take a look at the XT before you decide.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    found Jungle Gym XT on sale for $85 with free shipping
    http://www.performbetter.com/detail....tegoryID_E_500

what can one use to secure the XT to do pull ups and dips because that can't happen with using a door (ya would hit the door with your face i would imagine!)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast