Thread: Breathing through nose a problem page

brimed is offline Junior Member

Breathing through nose a problem

I just started the rogram and am experiencing the same problem that turned me off of exercise many years ago. As soon as I start jogging, my nasal passages close up making breathing through the nose impossible. After a few minutes of mouth breathing my throught gets very sore.

Any ideas as to the reason for this or way around it?

Thanks,

Brian

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I cut out all dairy and noticed clearer nasal passages. However, I NEVER had the problem with clogging whilst jogging you have. Try it for 2 weeks (I've only cut it out for 9 days so far) and see if that does anything.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Why are you jogging if it causes you discomfort? Why not walk instead? Or at least, jog till you hit a problem and then walk until it resolves, and then jog again.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    Why are you jogging if it causes you discomfort? Why not walk instead? Or at least, jog till you hit a problem and then walk until it resolves, and then jog again.
    I'd be pretty worried about such a thing happening to me. We also don't know if the OP is jogging to death chronic cardio style, a little jogging shouldn't cause your nasal passage to shut down.

How heavy are you Brimed? did you have this issue before starting eating primal?

brimed is offline Junior Member
    I've always had this problem, even as a kid....I'm 220 lbs and 6 feet tall. When younger, I just pushed through because always hated doctors and there wasn't any other way to find this kind of information out. Now, I'm wiser and want to get to the root of the problem

This happens anytime I raise my heartbeat, so it's not just jogging. I could be kayaking, hiking, etc....really weird.

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by brimed View Post
    I've always had this problem, even as a kid....I'm 220 lbs and 6 feet tall. When younger, I just pushed through because always hated doctors and there wasn't any other way to find this kind of information out. Now, I'm wiser and want to get to the root of the problem
    Why don't you prove your wisdom by at least consulting with a rhinologist? Your youthful hatred of doctors notwithstanding, I think it probably makes sense to at least get the opinion of someone who is a trained expert in how the nose/sinuses work, and what can go wrong with them. If you don't like the advice you can always ignore it, but there is always the chance that a doctor can help you figure out what might be wrong -- and maybe even help you fix it.