Thread: Chest tightness.

Threaded View

Chest tightness.

I've been experiencing lots of chest tightness and the occasional heart palpitations and "flutters" in my lower throat / upper chest for the last month or two. It seems to have become a daily thing. It's usually just discomfort, I wouldn't really call it pain most of the time, but it is prominent. The tightness usually occurs after eating a big meal or when lying or sitting down in certain positions, and the palpitations are much more common during the bouts of tightness. There is never any discomfort during exercise, which I find curious.

I originally thought this might be some kind of digestion issue masquerading as a heart / chest issue, as the chest discomfort is often accompanied by a "tightness" and light, almost burning kind of sensation in my upper stomach area (NOT heartburn), but now I'm not so sure. I had my fair share of digestive issues before the chest issues started, and there do seem to be occasions where the chest discomfort will arise whether I've eaten that day or not.

I'm a little pissed off, honestly. It seems like the harder I try to get healthy, the farther I get from actual health and the more bullshit problems I end up dealing with. I recently turned 18 but sometimes I could swear I was 50 judging by how my body feels. I don't think the primal lifestyle caused this, but I don't remember having this issue before starting it either, at least not to this degree. I did used to experience feelings of light-headedness and almost blacking out along with heart palpitations upon standing (almost every time), but that seems to have improved. I never used to get the fluttering sensation.

Does anybody have any idea what might be the problem here? Also, I really don't need to be told twenty times to go to the doctor. Please. I know I need to go to the doctor. I'm just interested in hearing what you guys think about this.
    Last edited by Styrofoam Jones; 11-23-2010 at 08:38 PM.