Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PB meal question from a newbie page

highmountainlakes is offline Junior Member

PB meal question from a newbie

Shop Now
    Lil help please???

I just started eating Primal and decided to track my daily intake of food and track how many Calories & Macronutrients I was consuming.

We are snowed in today here in Seattle, so I took some time and made a killer breakfast.

I Sauteed:
    1/4 cup onion
    1/2 cup Broccoli
    1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper
    1/2 cup Kale
    2 Tblsp Butter
    1 Tblsp Coconut Oil

Once the veggies were warmed thru, I added 3 eggs and folded them in with some sea salt and cayenne. Plated it up with 1/2 of an avocado. Let's just say, it was delicious and I won't need to eat for a while. I'll probably IF until dinner.

Breakdown:

740 calories, 26g Protien, 62g Fat, 22g Carbs

My questions:
    1. Is this really a PB meal? If so, PB is too good to be true!! If not, do you have suggestions to make it more PB??
    2. I was discussing the meal with my bride and she is a little concerned about the amount of calories and in particular the 62g of FAT!!!

I guess, I'm just looking for some confirmation/affirmation or some correction from all of the "seasoned veterans" out there.

Thanks in advance!!

{If it matters, I'm 33yo male 5'11'' and 215lbs. I have already lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks by not eating bread or drinking beer with minimal exercise and I would like to be more focused on the PB eating/exercise philosophy.}

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Yes, that looks like a very good primal breakfast to me.

Of course your bride is concerned about the fat. Girls are silly and tend to require more reeducation than guys when it comes to fats.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I second the awesomeness of your breakfast. I would go so far as to say it's pretty much perfect.

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Yes, that looks like a very good primal breakfast to me.

Of course your bride is concerned about the fat. Girls are silly and tend to require more reeducation than guys when it comes to fats.
    The curse of the vagina!

A comment from the wife: His wife is neither silly or stupid, she has come a long way in the education of food...more still to learn, but would appreciate a little more consideration in your comments! I am very proud of my husband and the strides he is making towards a healthy lifestyle!

Stewart is offline Member
    Haha, wife > *

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by highmountainlakes View Post
    stupid
    Ha! I knew that would come out. I never said stupid. You read that into it. Silly and stupid are two different things. I am silly sometimes. It's no big deal. I have also come a long way in the education of food and have spoken to a lot of people and read a ton of posts on all sorts of forums, and women, on the whole, are much more resistant to the idea of increasing fat intake than men are. Doesn't mean you're stupid. Women also tend to take everything way too personally (That doesn't mean you're stupid, either).
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

DownhillDude is offline Junior Member
    Welcome wife! Anyways, that looks awesome, i think i'll try it. I eat tons of fat, if you want to read/watch/learn more about fats and what really appears to be the cause of metabolic syndrome and obesity watch sugar, the bitter truth by Dr. Robert lustig, read good calories, bad calories by gary taubes (or watch his youtube vid) and check out "the oiling of america" video based on Mary Enig's work. Good job on the 15 pounds!

Yes, grumpy caveman there is a difference, my responce was directed to more than just your comment. I am very interested in what the hubbs is doing, and plan on learning right along with him. He is looks great BTW and I would like to follow suit! I, unlike many woman, am not resistant to the intake/benefits of fats in my diet. I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic a year ago, and had an insight and very helpful learning curve on fats! The point, although I have a lot still to learn, I am not as ignorant as some!

TriCiCi is offline Senior Member
    Giant omelets/scrambles are the best PB breakfast!! Looks like you are off and running. Nice work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast