Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22 Days in... page

BeingPrimal is offline Member

22 Days in...

I was so shocked when I weighed myself today, but it was true. I've lost 20 lbs since November 1st. Man, I can't even imagine going back to the way I was eating before.

Even tonight everyone around me was eating pizza and I just scooped the cheese off the top and had a nice salad instead.

Thanks for the added encouragement everyone too!

kcult is offline Senior Member
    I wish you continued success, although 20 lbs. in 23 days seems a bit rapid to me.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcult View Post
    I wish you continued success, although 20 lbs. in 23 days seems a bit rapid to me.
    I'm going to judge from his avatar pic that that's a somewhat recent shot of WannaBPrimal and it would make sense that he would lose weight a bit more rapidly.

@WannaB: as long as you're making sure to get all your nutrients then you're fine. However, be mindful that the weightloss will start to slow down so don't get discouraged when that happens and just keep on doing what you're doing. Weight loss should be slow the closer to get to having less weight to lose.

I've only lost about 25lbs since early February, but it makes sense because I started at 175lbs and 5'7' so didn't have a lot to lose. I estimate my "shredded" weight at around 135-142 but not sure if I want to get below 140. I'm not weighing myself (doing whole30) but I estimate my weight right now is 148-150.

kcult is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I'm going to judge from his avatar pic that that's a somewhat recent shot of WannaBPrimal and it would make sense that he would lose weight a bit more rapidly.
    I know "everyone's different", but I was comparing the speed of the loss to the assumption that healthy losses were around 1 to 2 lbs. per week. I, however, did lose around a pound a day in the first week, but it did slow after that.

@WannaB: as long as you're making sure to get all your nutrients then you're fine. However, be mindful that the weightloss will start to slow down so don't get discouraged when that happens and just keep on doing what you're doing. Weight loss should be slow the closer to get to having less weight to lose.
    This was what I had in mind when I posted, but got lazy and just blurbed something.

I've only lost about 25lbs since early February, but it makes sense because I started at 175lbs and 5'7' so didn't have a lot to lose. I estimate my "shredded" weight at around 135-142 but not sure if I want to get below 140. I'm not weighing myself (doing whole30) but I estimate my weight right now is 148-150.
    I may be your better looking twin. This is exactly me with the exception of starting in May vs. Feb. I'm 5'7", started at 175 and I'm currently bouncing between 149 and 152.

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry it will slow down. I lost 15lbs in my first 4 weeks and now I am doing a lb every other week if I am lucky, and I still have a ways to go. I have at least 60lbs or so to go.

Keep up the good work WannaB and like Iniquity said, hang in there if you plateau, don't get discouraged, the body needs time to change and adapt etc. I am on 8 weeks now and I am never going back to the SAD.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Griff is offline Senior Member
    My first month on Primal, I lost 29 pounds. Second month, 16. Since then, 1-2 per week. It starts out fast for everyone who starts at a weight comparable to mine and Joe's.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    My first month on Primal, I lost 29 pounds. Second month, 16. Since then, 1-2 per week. It starts out fast for everyone who starts at a weight comparable to mine and Joe's.
    Did you get past your plateau? I seem to remember you saying you weren't seeing much change in that dept...

BeingPrimal is offline Member
    I started at 356, I'm sure it's mostly water... and I do a lot of exercise.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Water or not, its still going in the right direction, it is hard work and you should certainly give youself a pat on the back! That bloat from grains (and dairy for some people) feels great to get rid of and for me it fuel inspiration to stick with it. Now the weight loss has slowed way down and I need to evaluate my intake again and make sure I am on track....anyway, just wanted to say GOOD JOB, hang in there, it gets easier at times, and rough at times, but you can do it!
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No worries. The more you have to lose at first, the more you can afford to lose. PB is awesome! Congrats to you!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast