Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "A Vegan No More" page

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member

"A Vegan No More"

Shop Now
    Sorry if this is a repost, I just saw this one today & found it to be fascinating reading:
    http://voraciouseats.com/2010/11/19/a-vegan-no-more/

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Interesting stuff. Almost mirrors Lierre Kieth's ordeal.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jspradley View Post
    Interesting stuff. Almost mirrors Lierre Kieth's ordeal.
    I actually found this a LOT more readable. Perhaps because it stayed a little more focused.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

P.S. for me, the dynamic of how people have been reacting to her (especially vegans) just reminds me of why I feel so good about primal. Here there's so much of a flexible emphasis on working out whqt works best for you... 20%... Being happy for people who feel healthy and strong no matter how they've pulled it off.. Seeing that some approaches work great for some people and not others... Etc.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I totally agree Jenny. If someone decides not to be primal anymore I am not going to threaten them, or their family. What kind of craziness is that?!?!?

I think they're somehow threatened not just by her own choices for herself, but because she has an audience that might listen to her and she might "mislead" more people, resulting in more animal death (by their estimation)...

NOT to generalize to all vegans, but I have seen a certain number of ethical vegan types who value animal lives but don't seem to care about humans. And some of those types are crawling out of her blog's woodwork, apparently... I mean so many posts of people who have zero empathy for her health troubles, to the point of blaming her for her own physiology or declaring her a secret mole invented by the meat industry to blog for years and then do this. W... T... F.

melodious is offline Senior Member
    Wow. Reading her story (and I'm not done yet) is just making me sad. How much she struggled and suffered for what she believed to be right.
    And then to face the vilification and attacks after telling the truth about her state.
    It makes me sad.
    And I have an absolutely unbelievably huge amount of respect for her doctor. To show sympathy and kindness when someone is refusing the truth. To continue to explain the science and reasoning, instead of just saying "Well, it's your body - kill it if you want to." That doctor is amazing, and I hope she is as adored by her patients as she deserves.

lcme is offline Senior Member
    This woman is amazing. That article was amazing. I am so happy that I came out of vegetarianism relatively unscathed.

They say that you don't know health until you've lost it, but I would argue the opposite is equally true. You don't know health until you have REGAINED it. I never realized the importance of meat in my diet until I made a committed effort to reintroduce it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast