Page 96 of 251 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 96

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    My reaction to the boomsplosion photo:

then and then when I thought about having to clean that up. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm such a damn bachelor. Hell, my pictures/paintings
    But the fact that you even _own_ pictures, much less paintings, puts you light years ahead of most pachelors I know.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    lol. the cleanup was easier than i imagined, mainly because i scraped off most of the big stuff and then cranked up the oven.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Burninating the oven-sides... Burninating the peasants!

(edit: aww... it didn't keep it in all caps.)
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

you've got to leave a few letters lower case LIkE THiS.

Psst, Patrick: Cosplay.com - TROGDOR! - Trogdor - Zephyrs

YES, APPARENTLY IT ONLY STAYS ALL-CAPS IF THE WHOLE POST ISN'T?
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

*scratches head*

so the whole "he's nightweaned" thing failed. he stayed that way for a while, and i think i slept better because of it. but now, he's waking around 2:30 every morning and SCREAMING. then he starts the cycle of slowly quieting down and nearly falling asleep only to begin SCREAMING again. again and again and again. this has been going on for the past several nights, and has lasted on average 1 1/2 hrs each night. i'm fucking spent. i can't do this. i try rocking him, patting his back, singing to him ('course that would make ANY person scream), using electronic devices (a blinking sheep that plays music), offering him water to drink, turning on the light (to ensure he's not having a night terror). every night immediately before brushing his teeth, i offer him food; mainly fatty meat with a little starch so i don't think he's hungry. i hate to start nursing him again at night, because his cavities have halted, but i can't keep this up.

wheat belly today, but i don't mind so much. a friend watched my younger kids so the eldest and i could go on a date. btw, what would you call it when you go out with one kid to do fun stuff? some people seem to bristle when i call it a date.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i try rocking him, patting his back, singing to him ('course that would make ANY person scream), using electronic devices (a blinking sheep that plays music), offering him water to drink, turning on the light (to ensure he's not having a night terror). every night immediately before brushing his teeth, i offer him food; mainly fatty meat with a little starch so i don't think he's hungry. i hate to start nursing him again at night, because his cavities have halted, but i can't keep this up.
    That sounds incredibly wearying for both of you (but especially you!)

Hmm. I don't have your same background with weaning etc. with my kids, of course... but let me relay our experience, maybe it will help somehow.

I find that if one of the kids gets into a night-waking pattern after being sick or whatever, what helps us is to just be as boring as possible when we do go in to visit. So no talking, no music, no light. Just being there long enough to calm her down, then out again. Basically visiting in order to cut off the hysteria at the pass, but minimizing the social reward of having us come in. That lowers her expectations, and if she's not expecting a big to-do when she does wake up in the middle of the night, I think she falls back asleep without us that much easier.

(Don't get me wrong, we've tried all the same things you list to try and sort of cajole her back to sleep, including repeating the whole bedtime routine... but in my experience it doesn't break her pattern of night wakings if we do that. So we check immediate needs: diaper? but no food, since she's more than old enough to make it through without food.)

As for going out with a kid in tow, I think it's reasonable to still call it a date. Hell, we call it a date when we go to the movies with my brother. I guess for some people it's only a "date" if it's just the two of you and has big romantic intent. But it's not like we're gonna start making out at dinner or in the theater, whether he's there or not, so it's exactly like a date.

What else would you say, "an outing?" Meh.
    Last edited by Jenny; 12-08-2011 at 10:57 AM.

lol @ making out in front of your brother.
    daughter and i had a lot of fun on our "date." we had ice cream and french fries at a new diner in town, watched people ice skate, and then window shopped in a new toy store.

RE: night times, i've given up. i may try again in a few weeks or so, but for now i just need a break. i have been keeping an eye out for a used toddler bed with the intent to move him to his own bed; maybe that would help? for a while my response was just to lay quietly when he awoke, but that would make him really angry, his cries just continued to escalate and he would finally get out of bed to toddle to the kids' room and cry at them. last night he awoke at 2 and cried until 3ish when i gave in. i really can't function like that.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    puky toddler. this is going to be awesome.