Page 94 of 251 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 94

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    we enrolled our eldest in school, today is his second day. so far, he's loving it.

i bought some flower bulbs for forcing inside, as well as impatiens and herbs for under the grow lights. that should help a little with the annual green deficiency i feel every winter. my houseplants must love the winter, because i actually remember to WATER them!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Jesus. That reminds me: buy - some - fucking - plants.

I'm such a damn bachelor. Hell, my pictures/paintings are leaning against the wall instead of hanging from 'em.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

lol.
    buy ivy and spider plants. they are the only types i haven't been able to kill.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Glad your son is loving school. That should ease you mind some.

it does. i think it works out for the best. i like both his teacher and his principal. the downside is that they eat a lot of junk throughout the day. he had 4 tootsie rolls the first morning and a new friend gave him a bag of candy. they get tootsie rolls whenever they quiet down, so it's kind of a regular thing. yesterday the teacher brought donuts and all of the kids were given two (my son ate half of one *g*). i really don't know what to do about that. the tootsie roll thing sort of boggles the mind.

so i'm planning holiday menus. we're having turkey dinner with family on Thursday, and again with friends on Saturday. Thursday, i think i'm going to bring fruit salad (maybe with whipped cream) and pumpkin pie. i also want to make some sort of stuffing or SOMETHING with spaghetti squash. i remember eating a delicious dish years ago which was made from spaghetti squash, but i can't remember the details. i'm thinking maybe i'll roast the squash, scoop it out into a casserole dish and mix together with sausage, fried onions and celery, maybe some parmesan cheese, and herbs like sage and parsley, then top t with toasted pecans. i'll have to refine it a little, but that's a rough approximation of the taste i remember.

saturday i'll probably make the spaghetti squash dish again and fruit salad. someone else is bringing pumpkin pie, so maybe i'll make a broccoli salad. what are you all doing for thanksgiving?

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    what are you all doing for thanksgiving?
    Cooking then eating myself comatose on turkey while watching football and imbibing adult beverages.

sounds fun!

AACCK!! i just received an email that my hold for A Dance with Dragons was filled. it's 4:53, the library closes today at 5, and they're closed tomorrow!!!
    Last edited by Saoirse; 11-23-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Cooking then eating myself comatose on turkey while watching football and imbibing adult beverages.
    . . .Can I come over?

(I keep forgetting this weekend is American Thanksgiving.)
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    . . .Can I come over?

(I keep forgetting this weekend is American Thanksgiving.)
    Hell yeah man. Stop by anytime.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    sounds fun!

AACCK!! i just received an email that my hold for A Dance with Dragons was filled. it's 4:53, the library closes today at 5, and they're closed tomorrow!!!

Did you get there in time?