Page 84 of 251 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 84

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    How did the carb-level-tweaking experiment go, Saoirse?

I'm on Google+ too. https://plus.google.com/108238199693192699550/

I'd be happy to photoshop for you all but it's debatable how much time I'll have. Hrm. :/
    added. geez, i forgot about the angel's pic. let's see if i can get to that tonight. hmm...how did the carb-tweaking go??

100_1153 by SaoirseCaesar2011, on Flickr

total fail. lol. apparently i'm devoid of willpower in the face of gluten-free focaccia. this was today's lunch. excepting this meal, i've been pretty decent about my intakes but i think i should track (the bread alone there was 50g of carb) to ensure that i'm staying low. oh, i've also eaten homemade fries with dinner a few nights. other than that, my meals have been primarily meat and veg, with a bit of yogurt+berries thrown in the mix. i've also had a fair amount of homemade truffles. technically i think these are low-carb/high fat, but they still should be considered a cheat. the insides are made with whipping cream and chocolate chips, while the exterior is melted 85% chocolate and a little butter.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Ok, that sandwich looks to die for. That's all.
    Georgette

busy busy busy. hubby came home for a week to visit, which was awesome. we kicked off the week by throwing my friend a birthday party. food was mostly primal. another friend make a chocolate flour-less torte for the cake. i made a banana cream something by slicing bananas, covering them in whipped cream, and then drizzling melted chocolate on top; it was pretty awesome. there was also a raw chocolate pie (super delicious and paleo), pumpkin soup, potato leek soup, and a large ribeye for the grill.

we finally bought another vehicle. i'm (reluctantly) officially a mini-van driving mama. *sigh* it's practical, so i should quit my bitching. i'm sure the idea will grow on me; today i was able to take my three kids plus a friend's two kids out on errands.

yesterday was my little one's birthday. i made her gluten free carrot cake muffins and berry cake. the berry cake was supposed to be pink, but it turned out brownish. :\ next year i'll try an unleavened cake (basically an angel food type of cake). here's the recipe, though i used a gluten-free flour blend instead of regular cake flour. the frosting did turn out a lovely shade of pink, and it was not very sweet. the only downside was that it wasn't really firm at room temp. these were served with strawberry and vanilla ice creams. yes, she's really into pink.

, on Flickr

hubby and i were able to go on a date one of those evenings. we ate dinner at my favorite restaurant, fairly cheaply too. generally when i go there, i eat whatever i want off the menu, but we wanted to be a little more careful with our $$, so we stayed with burgers. i believe they use local grassfed beef, or maybe it was just local beef. i know most of their vegetables are local. anyway, i had a burger and fries, he had a french dip sandwich and a beef+bacon soup. then we went to a gym to try out their indoor rock wall. we both enjoyed it, though i think the experience would have been more fun with bouldering shoes and maybe ropes/harnesses.

2011-10-13 21.11.47 by SaoirseCaesar2011, on Flickr
    Last edited by Saoirse; 10-16-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    They let you climb barefoot?! That's awesome!

Also, you look fantastic! Grats on the new set of wheels.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

there was no one to stop us, just the chick at the front desk and she didn't say a word. thank you.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wow, all of that sounds like great fun. I love the pics.

It's funny, We have a mini van which we love for it's utility, but my husband is the primary driver. I drive my Mom's (my) purple PT Cruiser. We are thinking of trading the PT in on a subaru all wheel drive.

i'd love a subaru. another contender was the AWD pontiac montana.

warning: a novella of silly introspection to follow.

i don't know if you guys have noticed (snort) but i have some body image issues. the timing is sort of crazy, because i never had these issues growing up. even when i was the only girl in the locker room who didn't need a bra, it was an observation followed only by a shrug. who cares? that's just the way my body is. It never crossed my mind to feel inferior because of how my body *looked.* it wasn't until the pairing of bodily changes (pregnancies) and the constant input of a critical person (not his intention, just his nature. To be fair, he also gave lots of compliments but it's also my nature to place more weight on criticisms than compliments) that i even really started to care about my looks beyond hygiene. anyway, forward to the present. if you hadn't noticed, i'm stuck in a sort of internal conflict about what to think of my body. intellectually, i know I look pretty decent. some days i think i look pretty hot, and other days i feel like an ugly frump with bad hair. harsh, right? but that's how i look at myself on those days.

I'm generally not the type of person to bitch and moan when something is wrong, I prefer to do something about it. But this whole body issue thing is different; on one hand, I feel like if I feel shitty about my body, I should do something about it (exercise routine, LC or lower calories). On the other hand, I feel like going through the trouble of starting a routine that I like and sticking with it is going to require too much (money, babysitting), which makes it border on fanatical. I don't think there's anything wrong with being fanatical; I am in many ways. But it goes back to motivation; do I really want to be fanatical for the sole purpose of avoiding a feeling of inferiority? No, not really. Even worrying about how I look makes me feel really vapid and self-centered. Requesting that others watch my kids on a regular basis so I can try to achieve the unattainable probably IS vapid and self-centered. No one will have the perfect body. I certainly never will. Someone will always be superior to me, in whatever aspect.

There's a point when I have to say “good enough.” I don't think i'm at that point quite yet, but i'm close. Maybe swapping 10 lbs of fat for 10 lbs of muscle would be that point, I don't know. But i'm close enough that if I focus on maintaining where i'm at, and just be content with that until my little one isn't nursing anymore and I have easy access to childcare, I can improve when I don't have to struggle so hard.

Oh and before you start chuckling that I consider sticking to a routine fanatical, just remember that it's all relative. TO ME, it's pretty fanatical because I lack the motivation for a boring routine, and I'd have to struggle for the resources to regularly play (outside of the play I already do).

Anyway, when I begin to pick apart my body in the mirror and say “this sucks, that sucks, etc.” I should stop and think: “i can change this if I want to be fanatical, but I will never achieve perfection. Do I want to be fanatical about this? is this where I want to spend my energy?

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I'll just let Wash do my talkin' for me, except change "were I unwed" to "were you unwed":

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    aww geee... thanks.