Page 83 of 251 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 83

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i think going with a curriculum -- of your own design or otherwise -- is a great idea too.

i was really interested in unschooling before DS was born -- and I still value it as a process -- but i think it takes a lot more work and effort to make sure that children are appropriately stimulated. and, it's more work than i could manage while also working my own business. I think it's much easier to have a curriculum to work through, and/or do plans based on what you know about your child and getting it all in for them.

now, i'm sending DS to school. He enjoys it, and it will make it possible for us to work more -- which is something both DH and I want to do. I want more hours to work, and DH wants more hours to work -- because we are both really, really passionate about our work! And, it really makes us feel good to do that work. Which means sending DS to school.

Even though I really love homeschooling as a concept, I just realized that -- as a full time gig -- it's not for us. We, of course, will provide un/home schooling things for him (i think every family does), but we want to send him to the steiner school. I think it's good for him and good for us.

So, i think if you decided to do a curriculum, you did the right thing.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Rachel, FYI I put you in my circles on google +.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    cool paula, i'll add you too.
    yeah, there's such a wide range of what's "right" for each person. homeschooling is right for us right now, but i don't know if i want to stay at home for the next two decades. i imagine the kids will want to be in some sort of institutional learning center eventually, whether that's a public high school, community college, private school, or something entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    heh, maybe we could all take pics and (maybe) jenny could photoshop us as ?Marky's? angels! maybe i'll pose with a big ass lamb shank, lol! maybe we could specify lighting and poses for easier photoshopping. jenny do you want to be an Angel with us?
    As a joke I put up a Marky's Angels pic in my journal. I'm holding a pair of BBQ tongs.

i had a peek, you're looking great! how does it feel to have such a lovely shape again? it may be some time before i take my pic. i'm feeling so overwhelmed by homeschooling (with a toddler) that my evenings are devoted to basically meditating or watching crappy shows. i'll try to get on it tonight though, maybe it will apply to one of the upcoming contests!

my husband linked to an interesting article:

Why Your Brain Cares How You Cope

Substituting a carrot stick or other behavior for your actual craving (or other form of unhappiness) is a typical method of treatment, but it doesn’t often work, says Brewer, because the feedback loop is still there. Addressing the process itself with other methods (like meditation), which allow you to ride out the craving/unhappiness by attending to it and accepting it, and then letting it go, has been more successful, because it actually breaks the cycle rather than masks it.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    cool.

ryan and i are starting this meditation series that focuses on brain entrainment -- fascinating stuff. lifeflow is one version and holosync is the other.

ryan has already started, i'm looking forward to starting soon.

my sugar cravings are slowly returning, and sweet foods (like coconut water) don't cause the spike they used to. i wonder if this is due to my relaxed stance on carb consumption? i'm going lowish-carb for a few weeks to see what happens.

i skimmed through the "lifeflow" website, and i can see that people are excited about it. but what IS it?
    Last edited by Saoirse; 09-28-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    How did the carb-level-tweaking experiment go, Saoirse?

I'm on Google+ too. https://plus.google.com/108238199693192699550/

I'd be happy to photoshop for you all but it's debatable how much time I'll have. Hrm. :/
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No Photoshopping necessary. I just took the pic for fun.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67