Page 81 of 250 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 81

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have two primalish products to review for ya'll.

the first is a salad dressing i picked up: Zukay Tomato Pepper Basil Dressing.
    ingredients:
    organic tomatoes, water, organic bell peppers, organic basil, pine nuts, celtic sea salt, pepper, live active culture.

It's a cool idea really. we generally like salad dressings to have a little zing, so why not make it fermented? unfortunately, the dressing tasted like flavored water, which really it is. however, after adding a few ingredients (vinegar, oil, honey, smoked salt), i enjoyed it atop my salad. i might buy it again, because it gave a nice flavor to an otherwise bland vinaigrette.

second product: Hail Merry Chocolate Macaroons
    ingredients: organic shredded coconut, dark cocoa, organic expeller pressed coconut oil, pure maple syrup, organic Mexican vanilla and sea salt

okay, now this product is nothing new really. i think we've all seen similar recipes around MDA. nevertheless, my stomach growled as i shopped for food and i knew i could eat this on the short drive home. Mmmm...i ate more than i should have. my kids loved 'em too. most of the vegan snack foods i've tried have tasted weird: not enough salt, way too much sweetener, just lacking flavor, weird texture. not this one. well, it was a bit too sweet but that's to be expected of any food made for the masses. YUM!

I finished reading A Game of Thrones tonight, and not a moment too soon. it was due back at the library today, and i know there was no chance i could renew it. i'm sure it's hope in vain, but maybe this time tomorrow night i will be reading A Clash of Kings. what would i do without a little escapism now and then? my kids are truly wonderful little people, but i have heard "mom" way too many times today. "mom look at this" "mom, he's drawing on my picture!!" "mom,levi is getting into something again!!" ARGH!!! not that there was anything wrong with my kids per se. sometimes i'm in a mood where i just need to be alone. just lay down in the woods and stare at the pine needles. *sigh* tomorrow's another day of cleaning endless messes, and ironically i'm feeling really lonely tonight. i just need a snuggle.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    {{snuggle}} OK 5 hrs late and from a friend not the husband, but I want you to know that I know how hard it can be when everything is on you shoulders. I'm sure you are doing a great job as Mom, Dad, Chef and Housekeeper among other things. You deserve to take "me" time when you can get it.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Sending you some hugs.
    Georgette

thank you ladies.

what do you do when you need a confidence booster?
    Last edited by Saoirse; 09-17-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Color my hair.
    Dance around the house to loud music.
    Work out hard.
    Flirt with someone (Like the hot retired state trooper who is a security guard at my school).
    Buy something sexy (Like when I bought all new underwear).

I'm not feeling very confident today myself. Time for music...

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Coloring hair in the morning.
    Will dance to some music in the morning when Stumpy is gone
    Make some primal dishes for the week.
    Hopefully find some hot guy at the new job to flirt with.
    Still haven't had the balls to buy anything sexy.
    Georgette

I'm thinking you and I need a sexy dress like Saoirse's.

we could be the sexy dress squad. while out running errands, i stopped at this new (to me) gourmet food shop and bought some overpriced, over sweetened chocolate. i also picked up new speakers, and gazed in awe at the flat screens.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Sexy Dress Squad -- I'm picturing you three like Charlie's Angels now. Only instead of being shown holding guns and stuff you can have steaks and dark chocolate and such.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Cool! I'm Game! I'll take one of my dress pics in the CA gun pose with bbq implements.