Page 63 of 251 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 63

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    too much slouching lately, leading to headaches. i should work out my core today.

i'm getting the silent treatment again today. i've decided that whenever that happens, it's a great reason to treat myself. what do you do when you get lemons? grill up a steak! instant pick-me-up.

IMGP0496 by SaoirseCaesar2011, on Flickr

after we all fillup, it's off to the grocery store to stock the house with veggies. (tonight might be a chocolate ganache and watch Game of Thrones night)
    Last edited by Saoirse; 08-17-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Silent treatment, srzly? What is he, ten? (Apologies to ten-year-olds everywhere.) I was so hopeful when you said there was some headway.

Hey, that steak looks darn good though. Yes, sounds like a good ganache/thrones night for sure.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I just want the steak
    Georgette

apparently that was all a misunderstanding. i'm not convinced that it was completely a misunderstanding, but i'm just going to accept that. the night before, we had an okay conversation, and right as we were "signing off" to go to bed he asked a question, i gave an answer, and apparently it really hurt his feelings. he snapped back a text saying something to the effect of "if you're just going tell me that i'm doing things wrong then don't call or text me anymore." i was taken back, didn't know how to respond, so i waited a moment to compose my thoughts.

i texted literally 4 minutes after he did, and i texted a few times. twice it was to say something along the lines of "i'm sorry i hurt your feelings", twice it was to communicate that i felt confused and didn't know what i said wrong, would he please clarify. no return texts. the next morning, i texted something nice and comforting ("how's your migraine?" or something to the effect). nothing. i sent a few more texts (or maybe one more). no response. after noticing that he was "active" on google talk, i messaged him on there asking "are you giving me the cold shoulder?" no response.

around 2:30 he finally messaged me back. apparently he had been really busy that day, so busy in fact that he couldn't even take 10 sec to say "can't text today, i'm really busy." he gets a million texts and emails throughout the day to his phone, automatic alerts about the condition of servers and whatnot, so he turns off the alert beeps. in other words, the only way he knows that i've texted is if he looks at his phone and thumbs through his inbox. i don't really like the state of this, don't like the idea of getting lost in the shuffle of alerts that he doesn't even check (so why does he have them?) previously i didn't expect texts throughout the day, but lately he has been texting me often throughout the day with relationship-related questions. anyway, so i guess it was a misunderstanding.

steak looked awesome, tasted decent. it's the last of the steaks i ordered a while back *sob*. i'm also running out of the ground beef. no ganache, but i watched the first two episodes of Game of Thrones. looks interesting, i want to watch again tonight, but the whole rape/sexual violence in media thing really bothers me. i mean, really bothers me. it was a big turn off. i wonder, how many guys would like to see men castrated in a movie? would they still enjoy the rest of the film?
    Last edited by Saoirse; 08-18-2011 at 02:51 PM.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i want to watch again tonight, but the whole rape/sexual violence in media thing really bothers me. i mean, really bothers me. it was a big turn off. i wonder, how many guys would like to see men castrated in a movie? would they still enjoy the rest of the film?
    If it furthered the story then yes. I've read a few books where someone was castrated...hell, I've read each book in the Ice and Fire series (the first of which being Game of Thrones) and guess what...castration.

BTW there is a difference between rape and castration. Not that it makes either one right but it is an important distinction. Also, men are raped as well, not in Game of Thrones specifically but...oh wait...not this season that I recall...but later....
    Last edited by canio6; 08-18-2011 at 03:11 PM.

maybe it's a little bit of an exaggeration, but not much in terms of lifelong impact. and yes, men are raped, and it's no different in terms of psychological impact. however, most men don't have to worry about rape because they're alone in the wrong situation, wearing the wrong clothing, or go out with the wrong date, which makes a difference to those of us who do have to be mindful of those things.

the point is, sexual violence really sucks. portraying sexual violence really sucks. i wish they could further the storyline without it.

canio6 Guest
    maybe it's a little bit of an exaggeration, but not much in terms of lifelong impact. and yes, men are raped, and it's no different in terms of psychological impact. however, most men don't have to worry about rape because they're alone in the wrong situation, wearing the wrong clothing, or go out with the wrong date, which makes a difference to those of us who do have to be mindful of those things.

the point is, sexual violence really sucks. portraying sexual violence really sucks. i wish they could further the storyline without it.
    GoT...lots of sex, violence, and the like. You may want to skip it, which is sad because it is really good
    Last edited by canio6; 08-18-2011 at 03:34 PM.

i like sex, don't mind violence, i just don't like them combined. nor the degradation of women. but that's okay, i'm going to continue because i was told that it's really good and i want to bond with the person who rec'd it to me. just a gripe i suppose, i skipped over the rape scene once i saw what was coming.

btw canio, what is the CBSAWKBPNWBG?

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    btw canio, what is the CBSAWKBPNWBG?
    Some big long collection of letters that stands for something Patrick posted once having to do with Ninjas, Pirates, and lord knows what else. I found it to be rather cool and amusing. I now can't remember for the life of me what it stands for