Page 53 of 250 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 53

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    that'd be awesome. i have friends and family nearby, but i feel guilty about asking them.
    I understand. Been there, not doing that again. I'm just grateful that I have a 12 year old and she is now getting to where we trust her to watch the younger 2 in the evenings.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I understand. Been there, not doing that again. I'm just grateful that I have a 12 year old and she is now getting to where we trust her to watch the younger 2 in the evenings.
    i am definitely looking forward to those days. my oldest is 7, maybe another 5-6 years and i might be able to expect the same of him.

maybe i should take up painting. i definitely need to get out of the house regularly without kids, but i also need something to do after they've gone to bed. something relaxing. i could watch movies, but that gets old and i feel like it's time wasted. i had used that time for reading and studying, though sometimes i'm just too exhausted to pay attention. so maybe i should have a menu of options:
    read (fiction or nonf)
    watch movies
    play my violin
    paint? maybe draw
    i need to invest in another mp3 player. our kitten poo'ed on the last one and i couldn't get the smell off of it.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I've started reading "classics" related to things I've recently become very interested/involved in. With my new minimalist direction, for instance, I'm loving Thoreau and Seneca. It makes reading not only fun and relaxing but also practical/useful.

Is there someone you could play your violin with? I just had my first mandolin lesson on Tuesday and it was awesome. I'll be taking it up immediately, but playing with another person as advanced as you are could give you a great reason to play and improve.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

ha! me? advanced? i have been playing for quite a few years, but i have such shitty technique. i'd rather rush through a piece and play it poorly but with great enthusiasm than to take the time to actually play it correctly.

there may be others, maybe i should look for (very very) kid-friendly musicians who are interested in playing trios, quartets, etc. that way, i could avoid having to hire a babysitter.

i LOVE the mandolin. i gave it a shot (it's the same tuning as a violin), but i can't get my abnormally small fingers to hold chords. so i can play some songs on a mandolin, but not really the way it's meant to be played. what style of music are you playing? i love bluegrass mandolin.

this is pretty cool, too.

Last edited by Saoirse; 07-28-2011 at 08:09 PM.

i went out to dinner with some awesome friends while my dad watched the kids (go dad!!). right before dessert, the power went out in a significant area of town, including our restaurant. it was kind of weird, people were sharing dinners over cell phone light, and a thin cover of smoke started to permeate the building from the kitchen. lights went back on as we were heading out the door.

i ate creamy artichoke dip and beer bread as an app, reuben with a side salad for the entree, and a bigass piece of cake roll. i ate it all, except half of the cake which i'm saving for the kids. unprimal pics to follow of the cake, it was delicious. i'm pretty sure our server was vanilla ice's illegitimate child or something because they looked very similar (douchey hair cut and all).

I had an awful time trying to fall asleep last night. the last time i looked at the clock, it was 5:21. birds and squirrels fought outside as the sun began to illuminate my backyard. i contemplated just staying up, but decided i should try to get a little sleep at least. i think it was the combination of the sugar in the cake and another episode of friction between the husband and me. i honestly don't know how i'm going to make it through today. new rules: no sugar, and no talking to my husband after 11:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    I had an awful time trying to fall asleep last night. the last time i looked at the clock, it was 5:21. birds and squirrels fought outside as the sun began to illuminate my backyard. i contemplated just staying up, but decided i should try to get a little sleep at least. i think it was the combination of the sugar in the cake and another episode of friction between the husband and me. i honestly don't know how i'm going to make it through today. new rules: no sugar, and no talking to my husband after 11:30.
    Damn. Dinner sounded like a good time. I miss Reubens. Probably the most amazing sandwich ever invented. Sorry to hear about you and the spouse again.

yeah, i don't know what to do. he tells me that he dreads talking to me because i pick fights (not true, i could say the same about him), but he also tells me that he hates it when i'm "deceitful;" when something's wrong and i don't tell him that something's wrong. when i try to tell him that something's wrong, in a respectful and calm way, he gets mad and becomes defensive. then we fight, this apparently is me picking a fight. so i'm damned if i tell him when something's wrong, and i'm damned if i don't tell him.

so after we fought, and i still couldn't sleep, last night i sent him an email explaining this dilemma (tried telling him a few times before that he needs to instruct me how exactly he would like me to say that something's wrong which won't trigger defensiveness, tried rephrasing it last night). i also said that if we DO talk, and he asks me a question that will have a negative answer (triggering his defensiveness), i'm going to decline to give my answer until he can provide me with instructions on how to answer the right way.

then i told him that i'm sorry that i had pressured him to make contact with me regularly or to talk to me when i called. i told him that i'm giving him some space, don't misinterpret my lack of contact for a cold shoulder. don't feel guilty for not calling or contacting me, i have friends and other family members who like to talk to me. ii'll call them if i need to talk. i said that i'm disappointed that we won't get to talk together because i look forward to our conversations and i don't want our relationship to suffer for lack of contact, but obviously what we're doing isn't working anyway. we'll see what happens. he comes home for the weekend next friday. i just hope we're not fighting when he's here. ack! i just don't want to think about this anymore. my goals for the week (besides getting the house ready for him) is to not think about him or relationships AT ALL. just try to have fun and relax while still accomplishing the tasks that i need to do (like caulking the bathtub and cleaning the grill).

i love reubens. this actually came with cheese, which i guess isn't in your standard reuben, but is exactly how i like it. the kids enjoyed their cake too. you could taste the cream in it. Mmmm! i hope my friend sends me the picture soon so that i can show you guys.

i tried to fix this morning with a ribeye and crunchy cucumbers. it certainly helped.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 07-30-2011 at 10:26 AM.

PrimalCon New York
    Reubens typically come with swiss cheese.

Let me ask you this. Has he always been this way with you or is it more or less due to the physical distance between the both of you? If its due to him being gone, that may be understandable. I definitely think it may be a good idea for you both to not talk to each other until he's home this weekend. Figuring things out when he gets home may be the best thing for you both.