Page 5 of 250 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 5

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the birthday wishes Mog!

I'll show those directions to my hubby Paleobird. Maybe he'll put it up as a present to me.

The babe has been keeping me awake for several nights (stuffy nose makes it hard to sleep and nurse), so I've been too tired to worry about push ups. We were also low on protein sources, so I have been going to bed hungry, which hasn't helped with the sleep either. we went grocery shopping yesterday, and I gave babe a higher dose of vit d, and he slept! i still remember waking up several times to nurse him, and it wasn't ideal sleep, but i think i did get somewhere around 7-8 broken hours. anyway, i think i'm ready to resume my daily workouts (though i feel kind of funny calling them workouts).

chicken breast+sauteed broccoli for breakfast, with a bit of butter. coffee tasted funny, so i threw it out. maybe i'll try to make more. hopefully i didn't ruin my moka pot when i accidentally heated it with no water in the chamber.

oh the babe LOVED chicken soup broth. the next time i make it plain, i will freeze some in an ice cube tray so he can have some the next time i leave him with a sitter.

other than some wall squats, i've been really lax lately. today was a higher-carb day with a bit of apple cider, lindt 60% chocolate truffles, lottsa carrots in my soup, 1 tsp sucanat in my coffee, and some raw carrots with sour cream. I found out today that my fav truffles have a bit of barley in them. what a blemish on an otherwise decent product.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 12-24-2010 at 11:18 PM.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Happy holiday-of-choice!

Hope the baby feels better soon -- we all have colds right now so I'm with ya on the nursing + breathing trouble thing!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Happy holiday-of-choice!

Hope the baby feels better soon -- we all have colds right now so I'm with ya on the nursing + breathing trouble thing!
    haha, happy holiday of choice to you too! sorry to hear your little one has the sniffles.

It was the first-born's birthday today, so I made him an angel food cake (white rice flour instead of regular flour). i made Yuvarlak for dinner to use up the egg yolks. But as I was making the soup, i decided it sounded sort of bland, so i made turkish meatballs, then added heavy whipping cream, parsley, oregano, garlic salt, black and white pepper, and mushrooms while omitting the lemon juice. is that swedish meatball? whatever it was, we all liked it.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 12-26-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Mmmm...lunch was carne asada. well, sort of. i didn't have pico de gallo, cilantro, or lime juice. So, it was a really bland version with chile powder, garlic salt, crushed garlic, and olive oil rubbed into thin strips of chuck roast and served over sliced avocado. I'm going to pick up the rest of the ingredients and have a decent carne asada for dinner tonight.

30 day challenge starts tomorrow and ends on the 31st. i wanted one last chance to drink my coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 and sucanat. so, here are the original 3.0 rules:
    * Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial. I'm going to allow sucanat, maple syrup, and honey once in a while, as long as i stay within my carb guidelines.
    * Do not eat processed foods. This includes protein shakes, pre-packaged snacks/meals, protein bars, milk substitutes, etc. This won't be hard.
    * Do not drink alcohol, in any form. yessir.
    * Do not eat grains. no problem.
    * Do not eat legumes. i might allow soy lecithin or the occasional tamari sauce.
    * Do not eat dairy.
    * Do not eat white potatoes.
    * Most importantly… do not try to shove your old, unhealthy diet into a shiny new Whole30 mold. This means no “Paleo-fying” less-than-healthy recipes – no “Paleo” pancakes, “Paleo” pizza, “Paleo” fudge or “Paleo” ice cream. Don’t mimic poor food choices during your Whole30 program! With the exception of paleo pancakes, i don't like that crap anyway.

so, here are my rules:

1. make a concerted effort to "workout" or do yoga once each day.
    2. keep carbs under 100-125 g each day. i plan to go lower carb throughout, but this is the maximum over the month.
    3. keep protein up to 80-100 g each day

this leaves me at around 60% fat, 20% carbs and 20% protein.

these three are the utmost importance. but there are more rules to include.
    4. no dairy, not even the tiny bit that's in my 88% dark chocolate.
    5. no eggs until jan. 15th
    6. no nuts until jan.15th
    7. after i measure myself twice tomorrow, the scale and tape measure are going into hibernation until feb. i'd like to buy some calipers as well, and they are going away after i measure myself.

so, the basic differences between the 30 day and my usual lifestyle are simply a stricter adherence to carb, protein, and exercise rules, and the omission of dairy. as high-fat dairy (half&half and butter) constitutes around 500-750 of my daily calories, this will be quite a challenge.

Not sure if i'll update it regularly, but i've made a fitday account as well:
    http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...=SaoirseCaesar
    Last edited by Saoirse; 01-01-2011 at 12:56 PM.

okay, probably not going to buy a caliper. i plan to take a before picture, though i'm not sure if i'll post it. according to this page, i'm at 33% bodyfat. i guess that's possible. though, in this page of examples, i look more like the 25% picture.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 01-01-2011 at 03:41 PM.

today was essentially a trial-run. well, sort of. anyway, i logged my intakes in to fitday and i came up with 133g fat, 99 g carbs and 113 g protein. not bad, though i'm hungry as hell right now. apparently 2000-some calories isn't quite enough. i will definitely spend more of those carbs on vegetables and less on sugars from now on.

Page 5 of 250 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast