Page 44 of 250 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 44

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I could make sweets all day long. but i shouldn't, so i usually don't.

CAMPING!!!!! see you in a few.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Have fun and be safe!
    Georgette

camping was fun. a group of us (and our kids) camped at a remote-ish campground on the edge of a lake for three nights; 14 parents and 21 kids ranging in age from 14 mos (my little guy) to 11 years. it rained/drizzled off and on, but the temp was warm enough and the bugs mostly stayed away. someone rented a pontoon and brought all the kids out on the lake for a few hours. later, someone watched my little one while i went out on a rowboat with some of the other girls. staying up all night chatting, waking earlier in the morning to care for the kids (who went to bed at a reasonable hour), and three nights of trying to share a mummy bag with a toddler had left me quite tired. i slept solidly on my bed last night, and i imagine i will tonight as well. i ate mostly my own food, so aside from the homemade marshmallows and a handful of organic blue corn chips, my meals were primal. we brought home a new kitty, and spent yesterday unpacking as well as prepping our house for the kitten. i was too exhausted to make dinner, so we ended up eating at a sushi place. the food was okay, and completely unprimal (i even ate edamame), but still decent. i don't know if we'll go to that one again, we might try another one in town now that the kids have been reintroduced to sushi. we spent today catching up on laundry (yes, pretty much the entire day).

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    sounds like a great trip!

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Jealous! Sounds like fun!
    Georgette

holy fuck it's hot. it was hot yesterday, and it's supposed to be hot most of next week. i drank tons of water yesterday, and now i'm feeling a little dizzy, maybe i should run to the store for some coconut water.

i'm having lots of moodswings today, though i think they're justifiable. hubby and i had quite the argument last night, and although we seemed to come to some sort of agreement and understanding, he's not answering my texts. still 90F in the house, ugh. tomorrow i plan to take the kids to a variety of air-conditioned places. food has been minimal today, nothing looks appealing and the concept of cooking is definitely unappealing.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Camping sounds great overall -- but sharing a mummy bag with a toddler?? Gyark! I'm surprised you're not still recovering from sleep dep.

Heat and arguments seem to compound each other, don't they... hope things are calmer now. And cooler, I hope. More comfortable all around.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

i wish it was because of the heat. we talked about some heavy stuff. still hot, currently 85 in the house with windows open and fans blowing. i think the highs are supposed to go down at the end of this week. storm clouds loom overhead, taunting me.

I fed some chicken stock to the kitten, she loved it! she licked up maybe 1/2 c stock in a matter of a minute or two, and now is purring like crazy.