Page 4 of 250 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 4

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    ugh, awful headcold! vitamin d, coffee, maybe some magnesium later.
    131 yesterday.can't wait to see 12-.

either the vitamin D really did the trick, or this is the sort of cold which is really bad in the morning and seems to get better throughout the day. so i found Mark's progression workouts for the 5 essential movements. here's what i should be doing:

pushups, level 3- 25/50 incline pushups
    pull-up, level 1- 20 chair assisted pullups, 2 legs
    squat, level 1 50 wall squat
    overhead press, level 1 20/25 elevated jack knife press
    plank, level 2 90 sec forearm-knee plank, 45 sec forearm-knee side plank

(women/men)

i can't do the pullups as i don't have a pullup bar. but, maybe this christmas. the elevated jack knife presses will be great for strengthening between my shoulder blades. with the exception of the level 1 pullups (which i haven't tried, of course), i have reached all of these numbers. however, i like the sense of accomplishment that comes from doing something well and easily. so i will stay at these levels until i reach that point.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 12-15-2010 at 12:18 AM.

I ordered 3lbs of organic dried black mission figs. Mmmmm...almost as good as fresh ones. definitely not good for my waistline, though.

became SOOO hungry today, decided to just go ahead and have 1/4 sandwich (1/2 slice of bread, lots of mayo, mustard, ham, and provolone). So yummy. we'll see if i have any issues from it, but i already have a tummy ache from too much cinnamon on my chicken breast this morning.

Paleobird Guest
    If you can find a place that will work in your house, it is pretty easy to put together a pull up bar using Home Depot parts. (lots cheaper than the ones for sale on the net.) I hung mine from the trellis that's over my balcony. I find it helps to have that pull-up bar right there looking at me saying, "I thought you said you wanted to work on your upper body strength."

haha.
    i live in a ranch-style house. the only stairs lead down to the basement where i dislike being. do you have a link or anything that would explain more? i might be able to find a place if i have a better idea of what's required.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    RE: sandwich cheat -- I did that yesterday, just made sure I had a huge pile of meat in there. Somehow in my mind that magically offsets the bread. It does surely slow down the insulin spike at least.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    RE: sandwich cheat -- I did that yesterday, just made sure I had a huge pile of meat in there. Somehow in my mind that magically offsets the bread. It does surely slow down the insulin spike at least.
    oh i love sandwiches! i might make a "bad" night even worse by making myself another teeny tiny one.
    "bad night" because i had a birthday celebration (fun, not bad ), but ended up drinking a bit too much.
    sheep dip+sweet local table wine=veerrry drunk (but really quite yummy)
    i'm sure tomorrow morning will be great.

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Hey happy birthday.............

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    haha.
    i live in a ranch-style house. the only stairs lead down to the basement where i dislike being. do you have a link or anything that would explain more? i might be able to find a place if i have a better idea of what's required.
    Well, first you need to find the space you need for pull ups with a ceiling area that is structurally solid (not just plasterboard or plywood). Ranch style houses tend to have big exposed beams. Maybe one of those. The bar itself is simple. You go to the plumbing dept. of Home Depot and get three pieces of 3/4 inch diameter galvanized pipe. Make sure you get the kind that is pre threaded at the ends. My pipes were two 18 inch lengths for the hanging down part and one 4 foot long one for the crossbar. (your sizes can be adjusted to fit the space) You also need two of the little elbow shaped pieces to connect the pipes at the corners and two flanges. Those are disc shaped metal things about 4 inches in diameter with a hole for the pipe and four screw holes each. You need eight lag screws at least 2 pref. 3 inches in length. You need one length of sturdy 2X6 wood a bit longer than your bar. Then you screw all the pipes together with a flange on each end, screw the bar down by the lag screws though the flanges into the 2x6 and you have a pull up bar. Then the whole kit and kaboodle can be attached to a beam or hang down from floor supports. That part I can't say because I can't see your house. I attached mine to an arbor that sticks out over my patio. Just make sure it's a solid, load bearing place.

Got my info from my Dad, not off any site but he has built a few houses and knows his stuff.

Hope this helps

Robin

Page 4 of 250 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast