Page 34 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 34

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey Saoirse, I saw your negatives video, you need to work harder than that! When I was doing negatives I'd keep my chin above the bar and hang there until my legs started kicking.

Have you tried Australian pull-ups? I think they are better for working up to a pull-up than negatives.

I've got a sophisticated Gold's Gym Power Tower with 10lb and 20lb assist bands for doing pull-ups over here.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    lol, the sole dissenting voice! well, in my defense, if i worked harder i'm not sure i could pick up my one-year old because of strained muscles. and since i do have to pick him up and carry him quite often throughout the day, i'm going to take it slow and easy. i'm sure i'll get there, though probably not as soon as you will!

tonight, my thoughts exactly.

i've lost 2 lbs since the last time i weighed myself (which was a while ago). most of my pre-pregnancy jeans fit comfortably now, which is what prompted the weigh-in.

today i decided to tan a little. i'm a fairly modest person, and my backyard is bordered on the 3 sides with other yards, so this was a bit risque-y for me, but i *gasp* exposed my stomach and laid down in the yard. oh it felt so nice. if i was a little less modest i'd buy a bikini and get a decent tan, maybe someday. anyway, while i was lying down something bit my leg. now i have what looks like a bruise around the three little holes. i didn't feel anything bite my leg, so i'm a little freaked out that maybe it was some sort of venomous spider. no insurance to see a doc, and no spouse at home to care for the kids if i become really sick. ugh.

we went to a chinese place for dinner tonight. i was starving so i ordered the peking duck (supposedly serves 2-4 people). i wolfed the whole thing down myself. kids had beef and broccoli. i let the babe play with the fortune cookie in the wrapper to keep him occupied and he managed to break it open and eat some. yuck. i also let him eat a little of the duck in my food. not a great day for his little tummy. his teeth do seem to be healing, though. i think it's the xylitol and tooth brushing that's making the biggest difference.

i ordered new bras yesterday, first time in a year. i've lost one cup size. it's alright, i think i have plenty to spare.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Yay for jeans fitting!

Stomach is risqué? Aww, that's sorta sweet. (I mean that totally non-condescendingly, btw.)

That bite sounds unpleasant though. How are you now?
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

i'm kind of weird when it comes to doing things IRL that i think might draw attention to myself.
    i'm not so sure that it IS a bite. in fact, i don't really know what it is. a friend of mine looked at it and said "oh that's just a scratch and a bruise" but it's kind of funny looking. "it" is three punctures in my skin, surrounded by yellow skin, which is surrounded by a really dark purple ring. it's still tender, but whatever it IS i think it's going to be okay.

the smaller jeans are not fitting quite so well today. i think i lost weight while visiting my friend (not eating much + not drinking my coffee w/tons of cream). now that i'm back at home... well you know. paleobird's probably right about the calorie counting thing.

how is your wound healing?
    Last edited by Saoirse; 06-18-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Ooo oo! i forgot to tell you guys about the cauliflower cakes i made. i keep bags of frozen cauliflower around for those times when i feel too rushed to prepare a veggie. one night i overcooked some of this frozen cauliflower accidentally, it was horrendously mushy. ugh. but instead of throwing it away i packed it in the fridge until i could figure out what to do with it. okay, i know this isn't an original idea, but i'm still excited because these tasted so yummy! i drained the excess water from the mushy cauliflower, added some seasonings (S&P, grated parmesan cheese, and i think garlic and onion powders) and 1/2&1/2, then fried them in little patties. then i layered the patties on the plate with thin slices of muenster cheese. the patties weren't pretty, but they tasted fabulous.

oh, and another culinary discovery (this is more for me so i can remember, than for you): orange marmalade, golden balsamic vinegar, olive oil, S&P, and garlic powder makes a great chicken marinade.

my biosil came in the mail. still waiting on the vitamin K2 and concentrace.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    That does sound yummy. Good job salvaging it! Dunno if it's original... Certainly more original than making cauli mash though.

My wound finally is healed-ish! I'm so thrilled. The last bit got a coat of skin yesterday-ish. It still needs time to stabilize structurally I'm sure, but I should be safe from infection now.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

awesome! what a relief!