Page 32 of 251 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 32

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, she's started to use words like "yucky" and we're really trying to downplay that. She must be getting it from school, either the other kids or a teacher... I don't want her thinking mice and ants and dirt are yucky! And we certainly won't be making her feel like her potty training is yucky.

Knowing how fastidious she is (she complains if there's parsley on her dinner or drops of water on her table) she'll be disturbed enough already when there's An Accident.

I already got a couple spray bottles of oxy-clean carpet cleaner.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    little girls saying "yucky" is just about the cutest thing ever, imo.
    zucchini grilled on my little stovetop cast iron grill and layered with provolone cheese. i should have topped it with some marinara.

Photo0200 by SaoirseCaesar2011, on Flickr

my LHT was carrying a total of over 200 lbs of meat to the freezer in my basement. *g*

oh dear lord...

ingredients:
    raspberries
    cocoa powder
    coconut butter (though i plan to use regular butter)
    sweetener of your choice

Chocolate-Raspberry Fudge Cake
    Last edited by Saoirse; 06-11-2011 at 12:17 AM.

I made the banana version of the above recipe. it was pretty decent, though i think i'll stick with ganache.

Oh, the "yucky" reaction is indeed super cute. But speaking as a tomboy, I don't want her to have tooooo many hangups about bugs and mice and especially big fun outdoor piles of dirt.

That razfudge looks great and I don't even like chocolate / cocoa.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

definitely not advocating it, just that it's cute. kind of like when a kid walks into a wall, you can't really laugh at them but you can laugh behind their back.

yeah it was decent. the texture wasn't all that, and texture is uber important to me when it comes to confectionery-type stuff.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 06-12-2011 at 05:54 PM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    That choc/razz thing looks amazing. I wonder if it were more of a cheesecake if that would have gone better for you? I don't think I ever heard "yuck" from my girls, a few "ews" perhaps.
    Georgette

that's a great idea geo! instead of the banana i can use cream cheese and maybe a little 1/2&1/2. the texture would be a lot smoother and lacking banana flavor.

okay geo i got right on top of it. there are little cream cheese chocolate truffles in my freezer setting. if i was a little ambitious, i would melt dark chocolate and coat them after they froze.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How'd they turn out?

You say texture is a biggie -- the sub of butter for coconut butter must make a big difference.