Page 31 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 31

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks pebbles. i go back and forth. some days i think i'm really hot, and others i feel super frumpy. then there are the days in between when i try not to care because there's so much more to worry about!

last night we ate out at a local pizza joint. i was gifted a gift certificate, and i don't restrict the kids 100%, so i thought why not? they had a pizza and i had an antipasto salad. i'm sure the salami in it was sub optimal but the italian dressing was made in-house (though also prob sub-optimal oil). after my BAS, the kids were still working on their pizza, so i helped out *g.* omg, it was so good! well, the crust left a little to be desired but i'm picky like that. the sauce and cheese (100% fresh sliced mozz) were fantastic! i almost ordered cheesecake but apparently it's not made in-house so i declined.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    You look great! Sort of romantically elegant with your hair and all. Like an old painting or a fairy. Yes, even in the jeans.

Potty training -- Buglet turned 2 in April. She sees her friends at school use the potty... she's very interested in her potty training video... she informs us when she's peeing or pooping... she likes going in to look at her potty. But if we say "You're pooping? Yay! That means we get to go use the potty, c'mon!" or whatever, she says no.

We'll get her sooner or later... but I suspect we may only achieve it by having a pants-free weekend and restricting ourselves to the tiled part of our house!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

thank you!

good luck with potty learning! that's basically how we've done it, too.

i have been out of town for a few days and thus have been COMPLETELY offline. it has been quite weird. the friends we were staying with were of the WAP variety so we were able to stay mostly primal. there were a few cheats, like the homemade cinnamon rolls we won in a silent auction (YUM). i'm getting better at negatives!

Her deadline for potty training at school is age 3 (next April) so we have plenty of leeway here. They'll be working on it at school too. Who knows, they might get her to do it before we do! I'll just stay coordinated with them so our approaches and level of encouragement match, for consistent messaging.

I can't imagine being offline for so long, I admit! Sounds like a nice little visit though.

Yay negs!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

that's good, pressure always seems to backfire when it comes to potty learning.

yeah it was a bit strange, but i'm back and being gone really wasn't that big of a deal. i noticed that my friend doesn't eat often, and rarely eats red meat. i think we had beef twice and both times were because i bought and cooked the meat. burgers tonight for dinner, even though i just threw ground beef on the griddle, they tasted awesome.

Actually now that I've been reading more and more about it, we think we're going to try the crash-course no pants weekend.

It'll still be low pressure and accidents will be no big deal, but it will be a great learning experience because it will help us better learn her signals, and for her it will establish a really clear association between That Feeling and actually using the potty.

She's been showing the signs and awareness for such a long time already, we are thinking we'd better act on it soon. Arguably her telling us and then NOT using the potty is basically teaching her there's no point in being aware of what's happening. Otherwise we'd just continue teaching her that the potty is optional, like it has been so far.

We checked with her school today and they said this approach seems to work well. They will also back us up on the idea of no-diapers after the fact, so it can be a clean break.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Actually now that I've been reading more and more about it, we think we're going to try the crash-course no pants weekend.
    Every weekend should be a no pants weekend!

Hope things go well!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post

It'll still be low pressure and accidents will be no big deal, but it will be a great learning experience because it will help us better learn her signals, and for her it will establish a really clear association between That Feeling and actually using the potty.

She's been showing the signs and awareness for such a long time already, we are thinking we'd better act on it soon. Arguably her telling us and then NOT using the potty is basically teaching her there's no point in being aware of what's happening. Otherwise we'd just continue teaching her that the potty is optional, like it has been so far.

We checked with her school today and they said this approach seems to work well. They will also back us up on the idea of no-diapers after the fact, so it can be a clean break.
    I was gonna say, she's going to enjoy the "freedom" so to speak. And I do agree with Patrick on this lol.
    Georgette

lol. yeah, that's typically what we've done. stock up on the bio-kleen and paper towels (and patience: "oops, your pee goes in the toilet not on the floor.")!!
    Last edited by Saoirse; 06-09-2011 at 08:18 AM.