Page 3 of 251 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 3

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    carby problems generally occur when i'm either trying to keep my carbs low, or when i don't have any leftover meat to grab from the fridge.
    That's been my experience with prior diets, the more I focus on measuring or limiting food, the more I think I end up eating! I think the primal approach will help me on that front in the future though. Having leftovers / something good and filling available has got to help too.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    That's been my experience with prior diets, the more I focus on measuring or limiting food, the more I think I end up eating! I think the primal approach will help me on that front in the future though. Having leftovers / something good and filling available has got to help too.
    i've had that issue with limiting calories, but not carbs. i was too successful at limiting carbs, which is probably why i felt so crummy. at this point, i'm not TRYING to lose weight, only to gain muscle strength and maintain my energy levels without gaining weight. maybe i'll go low carb next summer (lots of fresh veggies from the garden and market) and make a real concerted effort to drop 10-15lbs.

I think the reason why i ate more calories while calorie counting was that i had to focus more on eating (to record every little morsel), which, ya know, made me think of food more and thus i ate more. it's easier to reduce carbs because i can still focus on eating protein and fat, while avoiding carby-foods.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 12-09-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Makes sense to me! We'l see how it goes in my case once I start trying to lose weight.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

w00t! avocados were .70 ea. i bought a ton.

I keep buying avocados and then letting them go to waste. Something about them is intimidating. I eat them with california rolls, it's not like I dislike them... dunno why I'm so hesitant to open one up! Any tips? I mean it's just... slice it in half, take the pit out, scoop the green right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I keep buying avocados and then letting them go to waste. Something about them is intimidating. I eat them with california rolls, it's not like I dislike them... dunno why I'm so hesitant to open one up! Any tips? I mean it's just... slice it in half, take the pit out, scoop the green right?
    right. you might add a sprinkle of salt or mash them up with salsa and spoon it over chicken. mmmmm... but i do the same thing with certain foods like mangoes. i think they're just so expensive that i'd hate for them to go to waste, so i end up letting them go to waste. doesn't make any sense, but i do it.

i actually did a pushup today! woohoo! happy dance! i think the mini counter-ups i've been doing are more effective than the full counter-ups. basically, i lower myself to the point where i feel the weakest, and then i do some mini-reps using those muscles, if that makes any sense.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 12-10-2010 at 01:29 PM.

for safekeeping.

more:

it reminds me a little of cat/cow.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 12-10-2010 at 04:29 PM.

i just measured the amount of half&half i put in my coffee every morning. almost one cup. no wonder i "fast" through breakfast.
    56 g of fat in my coffee
    500 calories

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    strange. when i do upward bow using my wrists, i'm able to do it easily (though it hurts my right wrist in a way that doesn't feel beneficial). however, when i try to do upward bow on my fists, i'm unable to push myself upward off my head.

Page 3 of 251 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast