Page 248 of 250 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250 LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 248

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Instead of running, I decided to start walking and maybe build up to running. I really enjoyed feeling my muscles burn during that run, but i overheated too quickly. Anyway, I threw on my cute new sportsbra and skort, tucked in my phone and set a goal. Oh I briefly considered going in just that, but I decided to put on a tank top too. Originally I was going to walk to my favorite hiking spot, hike there for 45ish minutes, and then walk back. Maybe next time, I was already too warm; I walked there and back then ravenously ate a breakfast of sausage and sweet potato hash. Google maps said my route was roughly 1.8 miles each way. Oh well. I'll try to get on that again tomorrow morning before it's warm out, but chances are slim. I'm working my first shift today at the new job, 5pm-2ish. Wish I could've slept in this morning, but gave up around 6:30.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Helloooooo!

Sounds like things are going well! Yay!

You know, if you can get Mr. Steakhouse to slow down, you two can walk in the hills together and at a walking pace, it gives you time to talk
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

We walk a fair amount together. Usually we drink, then walk, and drink a little more (though he rarely drinks more than water). He also happens to be a great conversationalist *g*. I need to think of another name for him other than Mr. Steakhouse.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It's so good to see you. The community is better with you as an active part.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I dunno. Reading that name, my first thought is usually "Mmmm. Meaty"
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I dunno. Reading that name, my first thought is usually "Mmmm. Meaty"
    Totally

Aww thanks joanie. I feel so out of the loop.

Hmm...meaty...mmmm. i brainstormed with him about nicknames and we couldn't think of anything fitting so i guess he'll be Mr. Steakhouse for a bit (though my phone wants to correct that to storehouse).

The morning after my first shift i ended up walking 1.8 miles to go for a 40 minute hike, then walking back home. My legs, thighs especially, and back could feel it when i came home, and i like what it's doing to my belly. Oddly i'm not sore or stiff at all, but it's still a challenge to get in a proper workout without overheating. Mr. Steakhouse recommended that i stay inside, but no part of a treadmill is appealing. I ate some corn chips, cake and ice cream last night at a birthday party. I think it was worth it.

Anyone know how to add a picture using tapatalk?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by Saoirse; 06-30-2013 at 10:12 AM.

It's kind of awesome how this is sort of a progress journal, and I'm neither setting goals nor attempting progress. Also, nutella and roasted/salted pistachios is the shit.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Hey guys! How goes it? Lots of wild stuff going on in my neck of the woods, and I thought I'd share some pics.
    First, Mr. Steakhouse and I have been seeing a lot of each other lately, with both of us being snowed in, and the gov't shutdown (he works for the gov't). He was called back in to work today .

We had a little snowstorm here: 19" in one day, and 31" total. Some of the surrounding communities had it worse: one little "mountain town" had 45". The same storm system produced 9 tornadoes east of us. According to the local news, 22,000 homes are still out of power (my dad's being one of them). Power lines snapped and caused a number of fires (this happened to my ex while he had my kids, and also to my dad). They never actually plowed most of the streets: warm temperatures followed and the snow melted very quickly. My street started out with knee-deep snow in the middle (it drifted against my side door, covering the entire thing). Weather the next day was so beautiful, I strapped on some snowboots and walked to the nearest grocery store, mostly for the fun of it. So eery; I live next to a busy street which was absolutely dead except for foot traffic. The saddest part of all this is the damage to our older trees. A very high percentage of all the deciduous trees I've seen around town have been badly damaged. There are a couple of guys in my back yard right now, swearing and cutting the broken limbs fully away from the trees.

The view from my back window: at this point, we were literally snowed in. Lots of branches down.
    IMG_20131005_071812.jpg

Mr. Steakhouse climbed out a window to shovel us out.
    IMG_20131005_072006.jpg

IMG_20131005_121325.jpg

The white truck was stuck in the road from Friday evening until Sunday morning. Vehicle on the left front is a minivan. It was kind of entertaining watching him try to free his vehicle; not so entertaining watching the idiot later speed up and down our street repeatedly after he freed his truck. Maybe his intent was to break up the snow, but he could have easily skid off the street into a car or pedestrians.
    IMG_20131005_121055.jpg

Sunday provided fantastic snow men weather. We also made a little ramp out of the snow for sledding.
    IMG_20131006_115931.jpg
    Last edited by Saoirse; 10-08-2013 at 08:55 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Wow! This seems so early for snow, but I have no idea what it's like usually where you are (northern central US or something like that?). I hope all is well, weather aside!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).