Page 241 of 251 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2501

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 241

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    I took down my Christmas stuff today. Strangely cathartic. Also followed a lead on a decent job which needs to be filled ASAP. I should hear back within the next few days.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    That means the new year- which my roommate assures me will a good year for all- has begun. Onward and upward

Glad you have temporary income, but fingers and toes crossed that you get the real job

As for me- I keep meaning to get back on track, but I haven't gotten around to it, yet.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

*poke* Empty your in-box!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Sorry, I was *ahem* away from my computer. It's emptied now!

Just checking in on you guys. how's it going?

I had a pre-interview assessment yesterday, and an interview (with a different company) today. First company would have difficult hours but offers medical benefits and tuition reimbursement. Second job would be more fun and better hours for the kids. The interviewer at the second job seemed pretty positive she was going to hire me, but said that she had to "get through" a few interviews over the weekend. she told me that if i don't hear from her next week, i should call her. *crossing fingers*

My last week without the kids was crazy. I had a few dates, lots of hanging out with people (and continuously meeting new people or connecting with old acquaintances). I plan to tone it down this upcoming week; too much fermented grain, not enough sleep. I need to take better care of myself. Lunch today was one of the first primal meals i've had in a while, otherwise it's been whatever organic gluten-free stuff i have been feeding the kids (including cookies). I might even be developing a mini beer belly, but maybe it's just hormones. meh. today was beautiful, but i was too busy to take a hike. this summer's going to be awesome.

Her telling you to reach out to her is a good sign! Good luck!

canio6 Guest
    Yes, good luck indeed. It sounds like you had a fun week, not good for the belly region perhaps, but eh, we need weeks like that sometimes. Nice to see you around

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hoping for the best on the job front...and um, don't think we didn't notice the word "dates". We are restraining ourselves.

Good to see you guys! thanks for the luck, hopefully the job will come through. paula- no need to restrain yourself!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I woke up thinking about "my" gardens. I moved a bunch of flower bulbs around last year, so they're all in one sunny patch by the main garden: red tulips and grape hyacinth I remember clearly, but I planted other bulbs as well and I don't remember which. I also planted a bunch of perennial wildflowers in the same patch, so as long as it's watered there should be a lovely flower garden. The strawberry patch expanded past its 7' borders, probably another 2 feet, and needs to be trained to fill out the rest of the 14' row. The raspberries are going to be prolific this year as long as they're watered. The marigolds are self-seeding, and i imagine they'll come back with a vengeance. that just leaves the shady 14'x4' row, which i was going to make into a flower garden, and the other 2 1/2 rows (14'x4'). someone needs to test the soil, add the amendments, and really then just drop some seedlings into the ground and water. It should really be that easy this year (and of course weed). I spent so much time last year and the summer before, weeding and weeding and weeding. This could've been a great year for that patch, but it's just going to overgrow with weeds because no one will tend it. I'm feeling a little homeless right now.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 01-27-2013 at 07:07 AM.