Page 23 of 250 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 23

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    What puzzles me is, why is Viggo Mortensen's hair damp in every frickin movie he's in? He only dries out briefly so they can crown him in Return of the King.
    Yeah, damp or oily (ref. Eastern Promises). Hmmm... Makes sense for period pieces, since shampoo wasn't exactly an option and bathing happened like four times a year, not counting being rained on. And Viggo Mortensen's done a lot of period movies.

I seem to recall him looking pretty normal in A History of Violence.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    You look great!!!! Let me know how the burpees go. I plan on starting those in a few weeks so I am curious to see what others think of them.
    Depends on whether you add push-ups to them, or just go into the plank. The CrossFit burpees are evil. You drop right to the floor and then push up from there. EVIL!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Also, I see your Doc Holiday and raise you a Captain Alatriste. ;.)
    OOOh a Viggo movie that I haven't seen. Thanks Patrick.

Saoirse, I love the pics. You look great. The cute little rugrat on the floor makes me want another one...for about 5 seconds.

Question: How do you pronounce your name? (apologies if you have already answered this elsewhere).
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    hehehe, yeah he'll be our last. he's SO precocious (quite the climber), and i think officially walking today. it's funny in the pics that he's crawling into the bathroom in one pic, and in the other he's leaving the bathroom with TP all over the floor.

seer-sha.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    hehehe, yeah he'll be our last. he's SO precocious (quite the climber), and i think officially walking today. it's funny in the pics that he's crawling into the bathroom in one pic, and in the other he's leaving the bathroom with TP all over the floor.

seer-sha.
    What a beautiful name. I have three sons. The youngest just turned 7. My oldest is almost 16. Ah, the teen years...
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

the name is just a screen name, i'm actually a rachel.
    maybe i'm naive, but i look forward to teens. my oldest is 7, my youngest is almost 1 (middle one is a 4 yo girl).

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Ah, I was just joking, Patrick. You're right of course. Although he does seem a lot grimier than most of his co-stars in those same movies. The hobbits certainly stayed fluffy.

I haven't got around to Eastern Promises yet. Liked History of Violence though.

Saoirse, I smiled at your cute baby in those pics, but didn't spot the TP transition. Heheh!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Alatriste is a great movie. It's a Spanish film (English subs), so you might have a hard time finding it. I bought it while in China. Haven't seen it since. : /

Saoirse, what kind of goals do you have, or do you keep your aims fairly open? I know you'd said you're looking to drop a couple of pounds over the summer, so I was curious.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

@Saoirse - Pebbles isn't my name either, but that is pretty obvious. My teen is awesome, but so moody. It is fun that he gets my sense of humor now and can have adult conversations.

@Patrick - That might be a good film for my Spanish classes depending on the number of scenes that I would have to skip. I'll have to look for it.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I really liked A History of Violence. I honestly thought that was one of his better movies. Plus, I like saying Viggo. I'm a Ghostbusters nerd.

I have 3 girls ages 12, 10 and 9. The 12 year old has just ended her moody stage and its on to let's see how far we can push things. The middle is just starting the moody stage as she really hates the changes in her body but isn't always moody and the youngest is just goofy as hell and can always make me laugh even when I'm in a craptacular mood. I wish I could have had at least one boy in the mix, but it wasn't meant to be.

PrimalCon New York
    @patrick- i have no solid goals right now. we're going to experience some really big changes in our household this summer (i will essentially be a single mom for a few years) so i feel like setting goals and trying to achieve them might add a little too much stress. MAYBE if i could find a babysitter for the kids, and a Krav Maga class, i might set some goals.

@pebbles lol, it's NOT your real name?? that's why i'm looking forward to the teen years. i know there will be moodiness and possibly power struggles, but i feel confident (perhaps naively) that we can handle it. i also like the toddler years even though they're full of tantrums and getting into stuff.

@geostump viggo was in ghostbusters? it has been so long since i've seen it, but coincidentally i have it on DVD from netflix. my husband thought it would be too scary for the kids so i was thinking of just shipping it back.