Page 223 of 251 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2501

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 223

  1. #2221
    Jenny's Avatar
    Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    I'm in the middle of divorcing my husband.
    I was really wondering about you and him in particular since I remembered some eyebrow-raising stories earlier in thread.

    Speaking as someone who had to initiate a divorce myself: it really is rough on everyone, including yourself during the transition, but congratulations. You have the right attitude. "Breaking up the family" can genuinely be the healthiest possible option for everyone emotionally, including the kids.

    What I mean is... even if you love someone, that doesn't mean you can have a healthy relationship with them...

    Glad he's being a reasonably good sport about it, considering. That's a good start and I hope it continues even later. Wouldn't want the kids to get yanked around unnecessarily after all.

    Personally, I'm just really glad I didn't listen to my ex when he was like "Let's just have a baby, that'll distract you, right?" That was one of the last straws, actually.

    As for how I am... in the micro view, I've had a really tough couple of months. But in the macro view, I am still in a great living situation, relationship, job, kids are progressing nicely through life, future looks bright and stable, etc. I just need to more effectively convert my motivation into actual self-discipline for my own health's sake.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

  2. #2222
    DCarr10760's Avatar
    DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,028
    Well speaking as a man who had a divorced initiated on him, I admire you both for remaining civil. We managed to do that too for the sake of our children. They are now fully grown and seem not to have been ruined as a result. Of course it was not easy, but since we both focused on easing the children through the process it was easier not to give in to the hurt and become angry and bitter.

    It turned out to be a good thing (looking at it in the rear view mirror). I'm glad in retrospect that she had the strength to end it when she did. I think I would've tried to keep fixing it at the expense of all of our happiness.

    At first we stayed friends, which was important to the kids, but now we've drifted apart, not out of animosity, just because the kids are grown and there really isn't a reason to remain close. It was a good partnership (raising the kids), far better than the relationship.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

  3. #2223
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    1,857
    If it makes you feel any better to send me pictures of the naughty librarian, I mean, I guess I could take one for the team and humor you.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

  4. #2224
    Saoirse's Avatar
    Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,424
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Well...that escalated quickly.
    yes i suppose it did. honestly, i've been trying to make it work for years, and finally decided that i wasn't doing anyone any favors. sometimes you hear "give it time, it gets better." I gave a lot of time, and tried a lot of different ways to make life better (better communication, better attitude, giving in and giving up on expectations, etc.) and in the end I think it's just time to give up and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I was really wondering about you and him in particular since I remembered some eyebrow-raising stories earlier in thread.

    Speaking as someone who had to initiate a divorce myself: it really is rough on everyone, including yourself during the transition, but congratulations. You have the right attitude. "Breaking up the family" can genuinely be the healthiest possible option for everyone emotionally, including the kids.

    What I mean is... even if you love someone, that doesn't mean you can have a healthy relationship with them...

    Glad he's being a reasonably good sport about it, considering. That's a good start and I hope it continues even later. Wouldn't want the kids to get yanked around unnecessarily after all.

    Personally, I'm just really glad I didn't listen to my ex when he was like "Let's just have a baby, that'll distract you, right?" That was one of the last straws, actually.

    As for how I am... in the micro view, I've had a really tough couple of months. But in the macro view, I am still in a great living situation, relationship, job, kids are progressing nicely through life, future looks bright and stable, etc. I just need to more effectively convert my motivation into actual self-discipline for my own health's sake.
    thank you Jenny. He's not a bad guy, but our family has no sense of cohesiveness. i think that's one reason i don't feel insanely guilty for divorcing him. we've always done our separate things even though i've tried to bring us together, and now we'll be doing separate things in separate places. Our kids know that we love them, and I think they're going to pull through this ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    Well speaking as a man who had a divorced initiated on him, I admire you both for remaining civil. We managed to do that too for the sake of our children. They are now fully grown and seem not to have been ruined as a result. Of course it was not easy, but since we both focused on easing the children through the process it was easier not to give in to the hurt and become angry and bitter.

    It turned out to be a good thing (looking at it in the rear view mirror). I'm glad in retrospect that she had the strength to end it when she did. I think I would've tried to keep fixing it at the expense of all of our happiness.
    we're trying. it seems to be getting harder.

    At first we stayed friends, which was important to the kids, but now we've drifted apart, not out of animosity, just because the kids are grown and there really isn't a reason to remain close. It was a good partnership (raising the kids), far better than the relationship.
    that's my hope for us; a good partnership for the kids. we've done that somewhat ok, and since he'll have clear boundaries of what's going to be expected of him (I'm not cleaning up after his messes if i'm living in a separate house, for example), most of the issues that we failed to cooperate on will be moot.

    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    If it makes you feel any better to send me pictures of the naughty librarian, I mean, I guess I could take one for the team and humor you.
    lol. as a young woman going through divorce, i'm facing somewhat tight scrutiny from some family and the soon-to-be-ex. i should probably be good.

  5. #2225
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,376
    I wish you the best, Rachel. This is a tough thing to do.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

  6. #2226
    Saoirse's Avatar
    Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,424
    Thank you Paula.

  7. #2227
    Shanes's Avatar
    Shanes is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    You have the right attitude. "Breaking up the family" can genuinely be the healthiest possible option for everyone emotionally, including the kids.
    Keep telling yourselves that ladies.

  8. #2228
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanes View Post
    Keep telling yourselves that ladies.
    I believe I speak for both of them when I say "fuck off, troll."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  9. #2229
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanes View Post
    Keep telling yourselves that ladies.
    someone's obviously never grown up with unhappy parents
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

  10. #2230
    Saoirse's Avatar
    Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,424
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I believe I speak for both of them when I say "fuck off, troll."
    snort

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •