Page 217 of 250 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 217

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    the dog is a pit bull. there were so many sweet labs who needed homes, but husband has some sort of prejudice against labs so we went with a pitbull named "rowdy." he's had obedience training and was very well-mannered while daughter and i visited with him. I just spent more money than i should have on dog supplies.

any suggestions for his name? we were thinking Kirby, short for the dog who guards the gates of hades.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Your videos remind me of doing step videos. I have pictures of my twins (2-3 years old at the time) using phone books as steps as I did my workout. That was about 20 years ago.
    aww how cute!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Kal El?
    Petey? (Short of Peter Parker)
    Shark?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

shark's pretty cute.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Yay for getting a dog. (although I am heavily prejudiced in favour of collies over pretty much any other breed).

We've kinda stolen our neighbours cat Bob (he likes to sleep inside our house all day, and had been curled up on bed with me for the last few hours until the wif put him out), and Miss5 just said recently 'when Bob dies, can we get a dog?'

Possible names suggested from the cheap seats here: lucky, bob (...), bruce
    Last edited by magicmerl; 08-26-2012 at 02:07 AM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I like Kirby - it's good to have 2 syllable names as it makes it easier for the dog to catch on - or so I've read. Dogs are smarter than we give them credit for and I know you'll all figure it out soon enough. Congrats and good for going to a shelter to rescue a new friend

We've decided on a name now, but don't want to make it public due to security paranoia.

I've been a good primal girl, well except for that dinner out with the kids- i had the fresh foccacia and some creme brule after my primal Italian dinner. i'm also doing my bodyweight exercises everyday, and starting to read about gym equipment. So i'm thinking- pullup progression machine (forgot what it's called) and free weights for now, in addition to the bodyweight exercises at home and swimming a few times per week. I have no clue what free weight exercises to do, though.

Today:
    make breakfast (well lunch)
    run errands
    visit my puppy!!

here's his profile pic:
    rowdy.jpg

isn't he such a sweet, happy boy??

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Your pup is adorable!

Re-naming is fine. My family adopted a dog who was 3 yrs old and switched from "Grace" to Sasha (I would've been happy to keep Grace, personally).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    He doesn't look very "pit" in that pick (which is probably a good thing) - his coloring looks a little beagle. Cutie though. Enjoy!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    What a handsome boy! I like Rowdy, but what do I know- I named a horse Gregarious

I actually read somewhere that pits used to be used as babysitters, so, good choice
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Drssgchc- i don't like "rowdy" for a pit's name because of the reputation of the breed. we're planning to have him around lots of kids and other dogs, so i want to give him a cute name to sort of emasculate him a little. i'm sure he doesn't care what his name is, but others might get the wrong impression from a name. i think gregarious is an adorable name for a horse.

mud flinger- yes he looks a little more "pit" in person than in that picture. He might be a mix, we have no clue.

Last night i was reading about pit behavior and training, and it lead to reading about neurological disorders, which led to me reading about "Springer Rage" (which some pits have). Scary stuff. Stupid internetz. So i finished the night feeling a little uneasy about our decision, even though i watched a bunch of "vicious dog vs. baby" videos on youtube (rottweilers giving babies laughing attacks and stuff like that). This morning i stopped at the shelter to take our dog for a run. All (well, most) of my fears completely vanished, what a sweet pup! Not only did i get a bit of exercise from running him, but also from trying to teach him to heel. every time i pulled on the leash to bring him back, it was more like stopping him and pulling myself forward. My core and glutes are a little sore. He's learning though, most of the time he actually did walk/jog with a short, lax leash. I'm also teaching him to sit and wait any time i open a door or gate. Strangely enough, he didn't respond to "sit" very well; we'll have to work on that. But he was very gentle taking treats out of my fingers.

Oh and my hiking shoes were just fine for the running sprints. Maybe i'll hold off on the shoe purchase; we've spent so much already on dog stuff and building materials (housing project).