Page 212 of 250 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 212

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    Drssgchic- some friends and i opened a store. don't want to talk about it here much, the others are respectable ladies and i wouldn't want my online presence to mix anything up. we can PM if you're interested in more details.

the monkey on my back is beginning to speak. "truh!" in a toddler-sized, growly voice every time a trcuk passes by; and a lot of OOooo and Aaaah! He loves saying "Nooo!" and I involuntarily smile every time. He likes to engage random people with a smile or a silly face, and yes I'm one of those parents who's convinced that my little person is god's gift to the world. Of course that fades around age 3 and then I regard him with the same loving sternness as the other two.

oh, and i just ate two bowls of cereal. *gasp* well, they were maple buckwheat flakes in raw milk (yummier than it sounds), but it's still cereal.
    My almost-14 month old is also all about the "tuhs" and "bah"s an makes a kind of vroom vroom sound along with it. And It's so true that it fades at 3. In fact, I don't like 3-3.5 very much at all but 5-year olds are pretty cool.

I heard through the grapevine you have an awesome zucchini recipe.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    When my son was that age he was very excited by trucks too - except that he pronounced it with an F instead of Tr! One night I took the family out for ice cream ( I just went along for the family time - of course) and we sat outside. I swear, every other vehicle that went by was a truck. I thought the guy sitting next to us with his two sons would be upset, so I loudly exclaimed "Yes - another truck" each time my son screamed (I now bet his boys did something like that when they were 2 - he was totally unfazed by it). My teenager wanted to crawl under the table. It was soooo funny - one of my favorite parenting moments!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    You skipped over the sex and rice krispies!!
    ...Hope you never have to use it.
    indeed.
    hmm... the sex part i don't really remember at all now. the rice krispies were awesome, i woke up trying to figure out an organic recipe. I think i'll make some for our upcoming camping trip out of organic cocoa koala crisps. but really, being able to do pullups was my favorite part.
    Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    My almost-14 month old is also all about the "tuhs" and "bah"s an makes a kind of vroom vroom sound along with it. And It's so true that it fades at 3. In fact, I don't like 3-3.5 very much at all but 5-year olds are pretty cool.

I heard through the grapevine you have an awesome zucchini recipe.
    yeah, some ages are more fun than others. i'm not a fan of 5 so much. but i like before and after. 3 is difficult.

which zucchini recipe? is it possible you're confusing me with someone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    When my son was that age he was very excited by trucks too - except that he pronounced it with an F instead of Tr! One night I took the family out for ice cream ( I just went along for the family time - of course) and we sat outside. I swear, every other vehicle that went by was a truck. I thought the guy sitting next to us with his two sons would be upset, so I loudly exclaimed "Yes - another truck" each time my son screamed (I now bet his boys did something like that when they were 2 - he was totally unfazed by it). My teenager wanted to crawl under the table. It was soooo funny - one of my favorite parenting moments!
    how cute. are you sure they weren't quietly snickering? most people around here are very understanding of kids and their quirks. or maybe i quickly write off the others as crotchety old people.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Maybe they were snickering - I know I would have been! Honestly, I didn't see any reaction. Maybe they were totally into themselves (but I don't see how they could have missed it)

(organic) cocoa krispies here i come!

i miss the manly man thread. before it sucked and the womenfolk were disallowed. i really need to get out more.

i'm packing up for a camping trip. well, technically, i'm procrastinating right now. you can't really pack whilst sitting in your underwear in front of a laptop. the kids ate a bunch of the cocoa krispies so i will not be making the marshmallow bars. their loss. I like camping, but not so much when i have to deal with the mess and disorder caused by kids. i can be such a grumpy old lady sometimes.

I really need to get out more. I feel guilty for going out without my husband, but he's always so busy when it comes to watching the kids. it's not that he doesn't spend time with them, because he does. it's just that he doesn't see socializing as important at all, so it's low priority compared to all the housing projects that need to be done, and his work (which is, of course, well duh. just because he works from home doesn't mean he can watch the kids while doing it). i'm not griping about him. i've actually been out several times without the kids, but grocery shopping (even without kids)=/= social time. he has been working hard during the day, working, and at night sheet rocking, painting, etc. I just think that i need to get out more and be around other adults, without feeling guilty about it.

this might sound incredibly stupid, but i don't know the first thing about starting a workout routine. do you pick exercises and just do them? what if your muscles are sore for days afterward? do you still stick to the routine?

I just joined nerd fitness, no posts as i have nothing to add (funny that never stopped me here). I intend to workout at the school gym once classes start, even if it means paying more for childcare. the prospect of going is rather intimidating, though. what do i do while i'm there? pick a machine? are there specific protocol to follow? someone needs to write an article: "working out at the gym; for the painfully unaware."

CAMPlNG!!

Hiking today above the lake.
    DSCN0057.jpg

A friend found this bull snake constricting and then trying to swallow this adorable chipmunk.
    DSCN0051.jpg

Sylvan Lake, which we had kayaked the day before. You can see some of the pine beetle damage off in the distance. Entire hillsides are covered in dying brown trees.
    DSCN0063.jpg

I know i'm a dorrk for posting, but I love this wooden bridge.
    DSCN0074.jpg

A few bikers for Cori. Today's the first official day of the rally (or maybe it's tomorrow). There were lots of bikers at the lake camping, but I didn't think to photograph them.
    DSCN0075.jpg

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    this might sound incredibly stupid, but i don't know the first thing about starting a workout routine. do you pick exercises and just do them? what if your muscles are sore for days afterward? do you still stick to the routine?

I just joined nerd fitness, no posts as i have nothing to add (funny that never stopped me here). I intend to workout at the school gym once classes start, even if it means paying more for childcare. the prospect of going is rather intimidating, though. what do i do while i'm there? pick a machine? are there specific protocol to follow? someone needs to write an article: "working out at the gym; for the painfully unaware."
    Try body weight exercises to start. Plenty of stuff on the athletics part of the forum, discussions of apps. I can help in detail but there is lots of info on this forum. but, bodyweight exercises are the place to start.

good way to get form and confidence before a gym, which you can avoid anyway

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    nah, the gym is going to be free to me, and childcare means that i can workout during the day instead of waiting until the kids are in bed (10 pm). i've done some bodyweight exercises in the past; squats should be weighted from now on because i can do too many of them. I do pushups (sets of 5) and plank burpees (sets of 10) when i have a moment. the toddler likes to crawl all over me whenever i'm not standing up, so finding a time to do these is a little difficult. My goal is basically to be able to do pullups and handstands.

anyway, so the question wasn't really "bodyweight vs. gym" . In short, you didn't really answer my questions.