Page 211 of 250 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 211

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yeah i think that only works for the firearm you fired. what about the other ones stashed in random places? hopefully they won't be found.

so guys, I WALKED today; actual exercise besides housework and chasing the kids. the serpentine belt slipped off the pulleys in my van again (insert expletive here) while I was driving my 3 kids and another kid to the lake during a rainstorm. thankfully we had friends who were running late, and we were able to squeeze into their vehicles and still have a great time, but my van is still in the country waiting to be rescued. So, last night instead of driving my husband's vehicle, which scares me, instead I walked the 1/2 mile to pick up a movie. And today I walked to our store with a 25lb monkey on my back to help with unloading the truck and stocking inventory. the monkey loved it, and now he's fast asleep. My legs are sore because I'm out of shape. But, 2 miles in the past 24 hrs is better than nothing! when our store relocates to the new building, I should be able to bike there with the trailer and the kids on their bikes. The current location requires crossing some pretty heavy traffic without crosswalks or crossing lights.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Hooray for walking!

I've missed something. What's this store? I'm not on FB so I can't stalk you there
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    yeah i think that only works for the firearm you fired. what about the other ones stashed in random places? hopefully they won't be found.

so guys, I WALKED today;
    Well... if I were in DC I'd only have shotguns or A shotgun for home protection, so "other ones stashed in random places" is a non-issue... We are boyscouts and that's how er roll. Also one of the many reasons I'll never live in DC.
    If I had multiple shotguns they were unlocked... I'd be locking them before the cops arrived.

Walking is good.
    My treadmill says so.
    Walking with a monkey is even better!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Drssgchic- some friends and i opened a store. don't want to talk about it here much, the others are respectable ladies and i wouldn't want my online presence to mix anything up. we can PM if you're interested in more details.

the monkey on my back is beginning to speak. "truh!" in a toddler-sized, growly voice every time a trcuk passes by; and a lot of OOooo and Aaaah! He loves saying "Nooo!" and I involuntarily smile every time. He likes to engage random people with a smile or a silly face, and yes I'm one of those parents who's convinced that my little person is god's gift to the world. Of course that fades around age 3 and then I regard him with the same loving sternness as the other two.

oh, and i just ate two bowls of cereal. *gasp* well, they were maple buckwheat flakes in raw milk (yummier than it sounds), but it's still cereal.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 07-26-2012 at 03:06 PM.

busy busy day. I threw a little party for my 2 year old's birthday today. Stupid frosting didn't turn out, so i made a new batch that also sucked. so then i made a chocolate ganache frosting and it was good. so far i'm being a good girl and only having a little of the 2 cups of leftover frosting. i might borrow a melon baller and make them into truffles to store in the freezer. other than the cake and ice cream, i didn't eat much today. worked in the garden, third bed is almost ready for fall vegetables. after the kids went to bed i completed 15 plank burpees and i'm hoping that i'm not going to feel it tomorrow.

i'm thinking about next semester at school. is it worth it paying for the little guy's childcare and extra two hours per week so i can workout in the school gym? it's kind of hard for me to rationalize that extra expenditure. I guess it's only $90 extra for the semester. oh wait, $180. hmmm...it's also possible that i'll have to pay for full time childcare anyway, in which case i can leave him in care for as many hours for the same price (not that i'd want to do that, but it's an option). decisions decisions...

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    OK, thanks for replies about guns, we do think of them differently. jyac, I never even thought to think of what type of gun, so no distinction at all. About home invasion, I guess here you wouldn't expect the invader to have a gun and I guess they would aim to do it to steal, so do it when you are not home. I don't think about it much,maybe that is because I live in an apartment. If I was that worried I would focus on alarms or move to a safer area. It is such a different approach to thinking about it, interesting though.

IF the burglar had a gun, that would be an issue too, but that's where the element of surprise, and also strategic lighting come into play. If neither of us had a gun, as a petite female i would be at a disadvantage. alarms do nothing except alert you to the break-in. what are you going to do after that? call the police and wait for them to come? thankfully, the police in my area have a very quick response rate but that's not the case everywhere.

beyond the danger of home invasion, which is actually quite small for me, gun ownership is also about hunting and target shooting, as well as the more complex topic of protection from tyranny. honestly my AR15 is nothing compared to what the Nationtal Guard, or any military faction has. but at least it's something.

anyway...interesting dream this morning. there was lots of stuff going on in it including sex, rice krispies treat bars, and pullups! out of all of those, the coolest thing was being able to do pullups. I grabbed onto a door frame and knocked out 10 easily. then i decided to do pullups and curl my legs up and nearly touch the ceiling with them. it was a lot of fun. but then i woke up to rain and the realization that i had stuff outside, plus laundry on the lines and my van windows were open. oh well.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Funny dream - active imagination! I was doing the happy dance Friday after a large rain only to realize an hour later that my car windows were open - and the electronics decided to freak out a bit and lock me out - with keys inside. Luckily, the window was open and I could reach inside and open the door. Boo to smart cars that screw up especialy when the kids are in them (sorry about your car story). Yay for walking. Good luck w/ your store. Can you really not tell us what you sell?! I don't think it's tacky or anything at all. This is your journal and people want to know woman!

It's a natural food store. I don't that has to be hush hush, i just don't want to talk much about it here due to paranoia. I just don't want to screw anything up for my partners.

I ran outside after hearing the thunder; the laundry on the line was almost dry and the interior of the van was dry, so everything was saved. It's really amazing how much rain we've had this late in the summer!

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    You skipped over the sex and rice krispies!!

Being a strong man, I cannot imagine how a petite woman feels vulnerability. Fair call. Hope you never have to use it.