Page 21 of 250 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 21

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I thought so when I heard about it! Buglet is a bit young for the guessing part of it but she does like piling stuff up on me and I occasionally shake it off so she gets all excited about it.

They are expensive, that's part of my hesitation... it's not like you'd save money on food, not for years and by then the screens would probably be kaput. Maybe I could just zip-tie together some wire fencing to make a movable or open-able deerproof cage or tent instead. Or container gardening with cage-columns for tomato... I dunno. Something. The anti-deer measures people feel obliged to go to around here make me not wanna bother.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    deer can definitely be a problem. we see them occasionally around here, but up at my dad's place they are a huge issue. so much so that there have been cougar sightings in town- they're following the deer.

Cougars! Dang, and I thought we had wildlife. But this is just the burbs, it can't be that bad here.

Heheh, I remember my ex-husband seeming vaguely fascinated (or horrified?) that we had sizeable wildlife like deer, Canada geese, etc. inside city limits. He grew up in New York and then went to college in Miami, so that's a tad different.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

haha! yeah, we used to have bighorn sheep walk through the driveway at my old place. oh, and peacocks, but they belonged to a neighbor.

drip coffee sucks ass. sorry i had to get that off my chest.

My dad was out birdwatching one time here near Washington D.C., and a frickin' peacock showed up. Talk about random.

so i decided to justify a coconut water and an ice cream bar today while calling it a "refeed". of course i forgot that refeeds are supposed to be low-fat. well, i continued the "refeed" by eating chips with my dinner, having some sparkling pomegranate-apple juice, chocolate-covered almonds, and i might have an orange or some fresh mango tonight. i don't know if it's truly a "refeed," if it's going to reset my leptin levels, or if my leptin levels needed to be reset, but i'm not really enjoying this sugar-rush feeling! i bought a bunch of lower-carb snack foods (like celery and avocados) in preparation for the munchies i'm going to have the rest of the week.

i thought today was really going to suck. other than being sleepy, i felt just fine, and i was able to get right back on track with no issue. heh, cool.

i realized recently that my older son is getting to a size which is becoming difficult for me to lift. he's around 50 lbs, and a little over a head shorter than i. anyway, it was a funny realization because i'm trying to lift my kids more as a way of building strength without having to carve out time specifically for that purpose. so the question is, at what age will he be too big for me to lift? heh. i find it much more rewarding to surprise him by picking him up in a fireman carry than lifting dead weights. sometimes i play a game with the kids where i run around the house with a kid on my back (they take turns) until i feel like dropping.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-09-2011 at 11:58 PM.

How are the kids doing? Other than serving as awesome gradually-increasing weights. Optimus rolls Buglet up into curls and she giggles, it's extremely entertaining for all concerned.

Considering I can lift my husband without any training and haul him around, and considering your kids are primal enough that they'll surely never be overweight... it may be that there is NEVER a time that your kidlet is too big to lift!

I read an interview where Johnny Depp said something about how his fitness routine is to make sure he can run 5 miles carrying his kid until his kid is old enough to run 5 miles at the same pace. No wonder dude is wiry. @_@

you may be right. then again, my husband is pretty wiry, but i can't lift him yet (or rather, i can't lift him more than a few inches off the ground). i can definitely see my kids growing to be tall and muscular (my family is stout, and husband's family is tall). maybe i need to lift more. someday i'll be badass like you!

I have felt badass before, and I'll be badass again later, but I wouldn't use that label right now.

See, right now I'm just coasting on innate muscle that I get thanks to my PCOS (it causes higher-than-normal androgens, and thus more muscle, kinda like a guy in that regard. Although breastfeeding kinda negates that... I haven't tried lately, still too chicken after the c-section and recovery woes!)

Ah, Depp. Scenic even when airbrushed all to hell and back.