Page 202 of 250 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 202

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well? Was she or wasn't she?

It always sucks when friends turn on you. I have been in a couple of situations with adult bullies. Sure, I could leave the situation- if I left the job.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i did okay- 91%. total possible points were probably somewhere in the 80s, so my total grade is now 90%. next test should be pretty easy, so assuming that i don't make stupid mistakes, i should do alright in the class.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Yay for you.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

sort of yay. low As are something i can live with, but still am a little disappointed.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I hear a perfectionist in our midst - quick, make it stop!!! Really - a 91% is very good on a math test - remember, you just need to make it through these classes - not ace them. You are human - in fact a busy Mom - so you have lots to take care of that the average student doesn't. You are awesome just for doing this. Plus, it's only the end grade that shows on your transcript, so an A is excellent. Be proud of yourself!

thanks mud flinger. in the end, what's important to me is that i learn the material. i still have Calc 1-3 and another math class to take (ordinary differential equations IIRC) as well as a few Chemistry courses (i'm more worried about those than any of the math), so i want to keep my GPA high in the lower-level classes to balance out the (possible) lower grades i might earn in the upper classes. goal is to finish school with a B average. this college has a great reputation in our area so if i do well, it's likely i'll be able to find work after, which is the ultimate goal. (apparently my program has a 13% completion rate but a 98% job/grad degree placement rate)

anyway, yes a little bit of a perfectionist. but i can strive for that so why not? i'm not going to beat myself up about, just try harder next time.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 07-05-2012 at 06:28 PM.

i had a little bit of an upper body workout today, which is good because i've been a slacker throughout this heat. loaded a bit of peat moss from the van to the backyard, then turned heavy, wet soil for a while. my feet are still super dirty though i've washed them, but hopefully the kids get to plant their plants tomorrow finally. i like feeling useful.

BTW, if you roll liver in bacon with pineapple chunks and fry it, it still tastes like liver.

DSCN0312.jpg

i'm considering making my icon into a headless torso. it makes a lot of sense, we're on a health and fitness forum. anonymity is kind of nice. there are a few hot torsos floating around MDA. but i dunno, i'm on the fence. so...headless torso? or should i continue with my straight-faced "hanging out in a ratty t shirt" mug shot?

headless torso.jpg

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    BTW, if you roll liver in bacon with pineapple chunks and fry it, it still tastes like liver.
    Thanks for the laugh! They look like they had so much potential! (FWIW, I hate liver too)

That's a hot "headless" shot. Gotta love the kid's hand print in the back ground!

did you also notice the blurry toddler head by my feet and tips of a towel on my neck? i was taking the pic for my husband after i stepped out of the shower.