Page 200 of 250 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 200

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You'll nail it.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    i'm not so sure! was studying, but then the little guy woke up. will study more tonight. maybe the sitter will let me drop the kids off early tomorrow.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    Test tomorrow, btw.
    good luck. kick its ass
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sending smart vibes your way - have a great test today!

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    Test tomorrow, btw.
    That test will be like a drunk chick at the after-prom party.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    That test will be like a drunk chick at the after-prom party.
    It will throw up on my rented tux and then cry all night about how it misses its ex?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    You know what I got off that paper you took a picture of? Fuck it. Yep, that was it

I kinda lost the thread about H, but since it seems like he is going to be a fact of life, I think you should give him a book and whenever possible make it clear what the right answer is and praise him for making it. Sometimes all that's needed is the option to HAVE a right answer. However, most of your focus should be on protecting your kids and teaching them to deal with the situation.

Who was it that mentioned as an adult they just avoid bullies? You've never had a family member or coworker or client try to bully you? Those people tend to be hard to avoid. It is EASIER to avoid bullies as an adult, but not always possible.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It will throw up on my rented tux and then cry all night about how it misses its ex?
    Well, the answer was it's getting nailed, but now that my ex up...could you afford to feed her? That's why we broke up.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    You know what I got off that paper you took a picture of? Fuck it. Yep, that was it

I kinda lost the thread about H, but since it seems like he is going to be a fact of life, I think you should give him a book and whenever possible make it clear what the right answer is and praise him for making it. Sometimes all that's needed is the option to HAVE a right answer. However, most of your focus should be on protecting your kids and teaching them to deal with the situation.

Who was it that mentioned as an adult they just avoid bullies? You've never had a family member or coworker or client try to bully you? Those people tend to be hard to avoid. It is EASIER to avoid bullies as an adult, but not always possible.
    That was me. I may just be lucky or it could very well be that I'm forgetful because I really don't remember having to be around a bully as an adult. In my profession as a chef I've certainly encountered some chef's that were jerks but I've never felt that I had to stick it out working with them. As an adult for some one to be a bully they have to have some sort of power over the person that's the target of their bullying and the victim has to feel trapped, I've always felt I could leave a situation that wasn't working for me. If an adult is a bully it's very unlikely that they will change their behavior.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    I haven't had to deal with a lot of bullies as an adult, but i've had to deal with a few. i've had the ability to just leave the situation, though of course that came with its own costs. however, i've been a stay at home mom most of my life, so other than my husband and family who live in town, most other human interactions are optional.

as a kid, i probably encountered bullies but again i was pretty lucky. I had plenty of friends, so never really felt that ostracized. well, there was a time in middle school when my two best friends ostracized me; it took me a little while to see that was a dead end and to make new friends. other than that, I can look back and see that i was teased by a few people over an extended period but at the time it wasn't bad enough that i really took notice. i'm sure if i was targeted by multiple people, or if it was physical bullying, it wouldn't have rolled off like it did. i also had a decent self-esteem and a mom who teased us as kids (so my knee-jerk reaction was to say "yeah whatever" instead of becoming offended or hurt).
    Last edited by Saoirse; 07-16-2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: grammar