Page 2 of 250 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 2

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i just measured the tape measure against a wooden ruler, and yes i actually did lose 2 inches!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    awesome!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    See, can't blame the kids after all. ;D

How does one pronounce your user name here?
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

seer-sha. i seem to remember it's gaelic for "liberty". dh says that it was a common name used in the IRA. oops, oh well.

woah what a difference protein makes! apparently, i haven't been getting enough. now that i am getting enough i can actually "workout" a little without feeling tired. i had been so focused on eating enough fat, that i neglected to watch my protein intakes.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Swinging by to say hello. The only thing I was going to comment on was how to pronounce your screen name, but I see someone already beat me to the punch. I like that bottlenose dolphin stretch. It would be a good one for me because it doesn't put my back in flexion.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

i think i'll start the whole30 in january. this will give me some time to become committed to the idea, give me a little bit of a pass over the holiday, and also give us time to buy our 1/2 cow. it doesn't sound like it's going to be that hard, except for omitting 1/2 &1/2 and butter. maybe i'll commit to a certain carb limit per day.

today was a bit of a higher carb day. i unintentionally went too long without food, so i ended up eating maybe 10 dried black mission figs (while fantasizing about buying a dwarf fig tree). i also ate some of the kids' primal pancakes and had a bit of maple syrup in my greek gods yogurt.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 12-02-2010 at 10:05 PM.

i think i went too low-carb today. for breakfast, i had a pot of espresso (from my mokka pot; i don't know how much caffeine is in this but it was around the same volume as coffee i usually drink, just from espresso beans in my mokka pot) with 1/2&1/2. an hour or so later i had maybe 1/3 lb ground turkey covered in baconnaise. by 2ish, i felt awful. maybe i was crashing from so much caffeine, maybe i had too few carbs, or maybe it was a combination. i had an awful headache, fatigue, and a foggy feeling so i laid down for a while with the babe (couldn't actually sleep). when i got out of bed around 4 i had 1/2 of a sweet potato and felt much better and i intend to eat more sweet potato soon.

HUUUNNNGRYYY! RAWR! hmmm....what to eat?? i had several squares of 70% dark chocolate with dried cherries on an empty stomach, and now i'm HUNGRY! grr...

(I settled for cukes and sour cream btw)
    I sort of fell off the exercise bandwagon for a few days, but i'm going back on now. we were watching episodes of BSG every night and i kind of got caught up in that. but, we've finished the series (sigh) and so now i'm a little more focused. based on my progress (or lack thereof), i don't think i'm going to reach my goal of 5 consecutive pushups by 2011. oh well, we'll push the goal date to valentine's day, and i'll keep working at it. i know that i'm increasing strength, just not as quickly as i wanted. my tummy feels smaller- i think my tummy flub is decreasing a little and my abs are getting a little tighter.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 12-09-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a lot of higher/lower carb oscillating in the last few posts. I wonder if the chocolate made your hunger worse? Do you have a carb goal you're shooting for?

(not saying you should go higher or lower, what do I know? I just imagine that consistency might help.)

Yay for strength improvements!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

no i don't really measure carbs, i just try to keep them in mind. the carb fluctuations occur mainly because most days, i'm really lucky if i can concentrate on actually preparing my meals when they're needed. consistency would definitely help, though. it's just not realistic for me right now. and yeah, the chocolate really did make my hunger worse. i knew that before i ate it. carby problems generally occur when i'm either trying to keep my carbs low, or when i don't have any leftover meat to grab from the fridge.

Page 2 of 250 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast