Page 191 of 251 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2501

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 191

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Aside from my wedding set, Geek has gotten me one thing from most fairs we've gone to (4 rings, and 2 pairs earrings, plus a hair piece) and a necklace for valentine's day with silver, garnets, and an anatomically correct heart.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Aside from my wedding set, Geek has gotten me one thing from most fairs we've gone to (4 rings, and 2 pairs earrings, plus a hair piece) and a necklace for valentine's day with silver, garnets, and an anatomically correct heart.
    I'm so jealous that you get Geek. That necklace sounds awesome!

I would like to have an engagement ring one day, but if it's not low-profile and fairly indestructable, then it ain't getting worn. I'm a fan of, like, braided metals.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    those look like the purple creeping thyme we have up here, growing between the cracks in the sidewalk. i've wanted to divide some to put under our bushes out front, but i don't know if it would survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I'm so jealous that you get Geek. That necklace sounds awesome!

I would like to have an engagement ring one day, but if it's not low-profile and fairly indestructable, then it ain't getting worn. I'm a fan of, like, braided metals.
    didn't know the name of the setting, but mine is channel-set i think, or something similar. it looks sort of spacey. maybe i'll get pics up later of my dress (the name of it was Lilith, hehe) and my ring. toddler's being a huge PITA right now.

My Mom's is a diamond solitare, but they got a setting designed for a diamond maybe twice the size of hers, so it's got lots of prongs holding it in place. The jeweler was not pleased that they didn't want a diamond that "fit" the setting

Yay for pictures!

Isn't toddler mommy-talk for PITA?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I don't have my wedding ring anymore. The diamond fell out, I lost so much weight 6 years ago that the ring didn't fit and when the 3rd diamond went missing, I chucked the ring into the trash. Every time my husband talks about getting me another one, I tell him not to worry about it. I don't need another ring. If you look at this culturally, black people find white women that don't wear they wedding bands to be strange.
    Georgette

Male wedding bands are a very new thing. The wedding band, and I imagine the engagement ring as well, were used to stake a claim on a woman and make it known that she was claimed. That's kind of why I want one. I want proof that someone wants to announce to the world that we're attached. However, not all women are ok with that history.

A couple of my friends got married. Not too long after the wedding, he lost his ring in the ocean. He was devistated. She kinda shrugged about it.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I don't like the thought of being "claimed". But then again, I'm still the type of woman that if you told me there is one true love for everyone, I would say bullshit quicker than you can fling mud. My husband has never worn his ring at all in our entire marriage. I don't see a point to wearing mine, even if I had one.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post

Isn't toddler mommy-talk for PITA?
    not always. i was in the midst of typing to my husband that, and i quote "i'm in that perfect groggy state for eating the hearts of small children" and my toddler randomly marched over and gave me a big hug. and of course marched back over to the livingroom and peed on the floor. yeah, my fault for not having a diaper on him and hoping that it encourages him to learn to use the toilet.

to me, it's very weird when married people don't wear their wedding bands, though i understand when it's an occupational thing (massage therapists or machinists, as examples). of course it makes sense when people chose not to exchange rings. to me, the point of exchanging a ring is as a social symbol marking the other person as off-limits. so unless there's a practical reason, it seems like the only reason to take off your ring would be to remove that social mark. I'm not calling you guys cheaters or anything because i know everyone's different, that's just the way hubby and i see it. I don't usually wear jewelry, and i've only taken off my band when i go swimming (it always feels like it's going to fall off) or to scrub it with a mini toothbrush. I intentionally requested a small, unobtrusive setting because i was worried about it catching on things.

yes, i have freakishly small hands. i think my ring is a size 5, and i can slide it around my finger easily.
    DSCN0289.jpg

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I have no clue what the common name for it is, this is the first time I've ever even found it online. I just know it as "the pretty purple weed I like."
    Geek knew coming in that my rings would need to be fairly indestructible. Here's my wedding set (that stone is a heart cut amethyst):

These things have survived 3 years of ME and not died yet. (Thankfully, short of something suddenly crushing my entire hand to smithereens, the wedding band is completely indestructible.) His wedding band is tungsten carbide, too. We chose that particular metal because only diamond can hurt it physically (I scrape this thing on concrete and it hurts the concrete), it's nonconductive (Geek's an EE), extremely high melting point (Geek solders a lot), and it'll shatter before it becomes misshapen and takes my finger off (good for a CE who might get her hands caught on something.) The only downside to this thing is that it can't be resized short of melting and recasting it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    that's awesome naiad, i love your bands!

my band is white gold and has survived 9 years of me (anniversary was yesterday), which i guess means i'm a dainty flower, lol. *shush!* in my brain i'm badass.