Page 190 of 250 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 190

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, I've only ever seen If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.
    Then again, I'm the sicko that LOVED Robot Chicken treatment of that.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yeah, I've only ever seen If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.
    Then again, I'm the sicko that LOVED Robot Chicken treatment of that.
    I love Robot Chicken SOOOOO much!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    If you Give a Mouse a Cookie I think was the original. That one popped into my head, but it wasn't alliterated (yes I just made that up) so I thought I was wrong
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (plus 3 other Mouse books) and ...the If You Give a series, which includes:
    If You Give a Pig a Pancake
    If You Give a Moose a Muffin
    If You Give a Cat a Cupcake
    If You Give a Dog a Donut

Blerg... really THAT many!

I haven't read them, BUT I will go out on a limb and profess my undying love for If You Give a Pig a Pancake sight unseen.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    We love "if you give a pig a pancake." child #1 was super excited to read If You Give a Moose a Muffin for school.

cookies=definitely a euphemism for orgasms, at least in our house. i also think diamonds are useless. they're really pretty (but i wouldn't want a typical jewel arrangement), but useless. when we were looking at rings, i told my husband that i didn't want a diamond due to the cost, politics (i think that was around the time Blood Diamond came out) and cultural stupidity of it. why would i want him to spend 2-3 months wages on something i could easily lose? other people like jewelry, and that's fine; it's just not my thing. he came up with a small, antique diamond which belonged to his great grandfather. it has a unique look, cost little for him to have it put into a setting, is unpretentious, and has a low profile.

stupid fracking cat climbed up the other tall tree and became stuck. she kept mewing piteously, and scratched my fingers whenever she came close enough, but wouldn't allow herself to be taken. i coaxed her to a lower branch (7-8 ft above ground) while standing on a kid's stool on top of a folding chair and tore her out of the tree. at one point i was afraid i'd break her tail. she's safe and sound, but i have burning scratches on my arms (i think from the tree) and little bits of bark in my eyes.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    stupid fracking cat climbed up the other tall tree and became stuck. she kept mewing piteously, and scratched my fingers whenever she came close enough, but wouldn't allow herself to be taken. i coaxed her to a lower branch (7-8 ft above ground) while standing on a kid's stool on top of a folding chair and tore her out of the tree. at one point i was afraid i'd break her tail. she's safe and sound, but i have burning scratches on my arms (i think from the tree) and little bits of bark in my eyes.

I'm not a cat person so correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't spraying her with a hose have gotten her out of the tree without scratches for you?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I've told Geek that I don't like roses, diamonds, or gold. Diamonds just aren't my thing (too cold and impersonal, not enough personality), gold doesn't look good on me, and roses are just too damn overpriced and popular (I pref wildflowers). Which is my my engagement band is silver and amethyst ($13), my wedding band is tungsten carbide ($75), and the last flower bunch I got was a wreath of honeysuckle.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I'm not a cat person so correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't spraying her with a hose have gotten her out of the tree without scratches for you?
    you're wrong. we tried that the last time and she only climbed higher. nerf darts didn't work either. i could have just left her in the tree to figure it out herself, but my 5 yo was worried sick and sobbing, and the kitty is not yet spayed.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've told Geek that I don't like roses, diamonds, or gold. Diamonds just aren't my thing (too cold and impersonal, not enough personality), gold doesn't look good on me, and roses are just too damn overpriced and popular (I pref wildflowers). Which is my my engagement band is silver and amethyst ($13), my wedding band is tungsten carbide ($75), and the last flower bunch I got was a wreath of honeysuckle.
    awww...my wedding dress was $69 at Hot Topic. my favorite flower is gardenia because of the smell, but there are a ton of other flowers i like as well such as prairie pasque, moss rose, double poppies, and peonies. really, i like most flowers, but if it's a flower-store bouquet, i prefer the one or two tone arrangements instead of a shit storm of colors.

My wedding dress was $200, but that's because I wanted an excuse to buy it for the Ren Faire. Same goes for the boots I wore with it: I wanted an excuse to buy them.
    I've told Geek nad anyone else that decides they want to get me flowers, see if these (redstem fillaree) are in your local weed ridden yard next to the henbit:

Other than that, delphinium is gorgeous.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Husband bought me a white gold wedding band with diamonds in it (I dislike yellow gold)... completely unsolicited. I asked for "simple" and "we can do just bands". He did his own interpretation of that... it was a complete surprise. It is still simple since the stones are channel set and not large...

I also wear my great-aunt's (great-great? whatever) wedding set with it. The main stone is a very dark navy sapphire, small diamonds to either side, and a second row of diamonds in front so that it appears to be a two piece ring but is a one piece.
    The particular Aunt that it belonged to was my grandmothers Aunt, but was closer to her age... maybe 10years older than my Gramma. A late baby in the family... so the two sort of grew up together and were very close. My Gramma would take me to visit her frequently as a child and I came to be favored for my alternating shyness and blurts of random precociousness that Aunt Winnie found to be a riot. She always made it a point to make a chocolate pie with me when I visited. After Gramma's death I inherited Aunt's ring. She had married late (for the times), her husband left almost immediately for WWII, and he never returned. She never took the ring off, never had any other male interests, and lived as a spinster... it had to be removed when she passed. I had it fixed and have been wearing it since... that was about 10 years ago.

I also wear a couple of other pieces that husband bought unsolicited... a teardrop shaped platinum pendant with a diamond in the center on a very delicate chain, and a three row anniversary band (center row is sapphires to match G.Aunt's set) that he got me for our ten year.
    I have told him that I'm out of places to put jewelry. One finger on each hand and a bit on my neck is plenty.
    The bits that I wear have significance beyond being diamonds...
    I have never see the attraction to huge gaudy rings.

My favorite flower is a daisy.
    They weren't in season when we married as it was Jan 1st... so I made due with forced lavender tulips and white freesias.
    Husband bought me flowers once or twice when I was having some serious surgery and would have to stay in the hospital... other than that it's just something he doesn't do, and I'm good with that.

Dress was rented!
    I tried very hard to post a wedding photo tonight and failed miserably.
    Maybe another day.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-22-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche