Page 187 of 250 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2497

Thread: Saoirse's Primal Journal page 187

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    family? not soon enough. this sort of thing isn't usually ambulance-worthy, but waiting 20 minutes until family comes over isn't a good idea. if it was a true emergency, we could wake any of the neighbors, but i don't think it's that dire.

poor wife, how's she doing now?

kiddo seems to be doing alright, but still sick. couldn't hurt that he's nursing and i'm pretty sure i've been exposed often enough to have some form of immunity. i had the humidifier on all night, and he only coughed a few times; no gasping or stridor.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I'm glad to hear his cough is beginning to subside. I agree about the nursing, it's got to be helpful. I hope you were able to get some rest too, speaking from experience I know it's hard to sleep when your child is sick.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    wow, cori, that would be fabulous if that happened to me. did she get any laser work done to it? i've considered that. it's non-invasive and seems relatively free of possible complications.
    Oh, no... no work at all, zero. Just time and keeping her core strong.
    And a bit of exfoliation followed by moisturizer that is part of her normal routine.

Sorry that your sweet little one is sick.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

thank you ladies. i didn't fall asleep until after 5 this morning, but that was because of stupid storytelling and me being sensitive-> snowballing into something even more stupid.

maybe i should start exfoliating.

i came back to check the weather forecast for today (and MDA of course), and now i hear that my oldest has taken over cooking the food that i was cooking.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 06-09-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Glad kiddo is a bit better. Croup is def no fun - I almost died from it as a child - I got it often. I can remember trying to hide the cough - it's so distinctive - much like the name but with a hyphen in the middle. My daughter also got it often, but my son has been much healthier. I usually have the steroids in the house just in case and we've spent oh so many nights w/ a steamy shower or racing out to the hot tub (cold night air is also great for calming it BTW). I think primal/paleo has made a huge dif w/ this for my son. Get some rest and think "pleasant thoughts"!

you almost died? oh dear. i remember the first time my eldest had it; he was just shy of 3 years old and i hadn't really heard of croup. my husband was taking finals (cell phone off/evening class), my newborn daughter was sleeping, and my son was just hanging out as i took a shower. i remember how quiet and dazed he looked; i thought he was just sleepy and was relieved that i could get a shower in without anyone crying. but by the time i came out of the shower, he looked rather ill and by the time i got dressed, he could barely sit up on his own. he wasn't coughing, so i was really slow to catch on. i remember trying to figure out the logistics of carrying a newborn and a 3 year old across icy paths to the car, then drive them to the ER and hold them both across a sloped, icy parking lot. it was so cold out that i worried about leaving my baby girl in the car while getting my son; and i worried about my son panicking if he was left alone. when we got the ER and i knew we were out of the woods, i just started sobbing (and apologizing for it, lol).

can you get the steroids OTC? that would be nice to have in an emergency.

hey guys, i just wanted to drop in and say i'm still here, just mostly lurking in the shadows. there have been some serious posts lately, and i'm sorry i haven't been a part of the discussions. some of my trig homework was really stumping me and i've had a slew of other events go on which have prevented me from my daily MDA time. insomnia has been keeping me groggy (which sucks for reading comprehension and math "clicking"); this may have something to do with my precipitous drop in "greens" consumption. anyway, after a few hours of study, playing around with formulas (the professor's instruction made no sense to me), and practice, i think i've gotten over the hump. my first test is tomorrow, then an afternoon appointment. another busy week of babysitting and homework ahead; hopefully laziness on the weekend.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Glad things are getting sorted out (And double-glad you can figure out your trig by "playing around with formulas." That's pretty awesome!)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Glad things are getting sorted out (And double-glad you can figure out your trig by "playing around with formulas." That's pretty awesome!)
    indeed. Over the hump is good. I hope your test goes well!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    OK professor, here's a math quiz to keep you on your toes. If I have 10 strips of bacon, and Jon asks me for 45% of my bacon, how many strip of bacon will I eat?

Answer: 10 strips of bacon.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."